“Good price and service, loud music until late hours”
Review of Kahama Hotel

Kahama Hotel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Bamburi
“Good price and service, loud music until late hours”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Rooms are very well equipped with A/C, TV, Wi-Fi, mosquito nets and food service. Location is good, the swimming pool is well maintained. The only problem we had is that we couldn't rest because the disco from the same Kahama had the music super loud. Music played and played after mid night even without any clients there and with many families with children trying to sleep in their own rooms...

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Thew rooms are very clean,the prices are amazingly affordable,its in a Very convinient location. There are lots and lots of activities to do there.ther is a club nearby,the beach is 3 minutes away..My stay was awesome basically.I loved it.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank ceccyshaz
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were 3 people and took the apartments instead of rooms and we didn't regret the decision at all. We had everything we needed and everybody got really impressed with the beautiful decoration of the flat. The staff was very kind and attentive, doing everything to help us get the best during our stay. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have stayed in a lot of Kenyan Hotels in my life and Kahama was very good for the price although I would rate it a 3 Star Worldwide. Food, location and facilities were ok/good but not great. Staff was very nice and friendly. I would visit again and recommend for those who don't wish to pay much more with other hotels.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I had the Swahili apartment 1 which was a two bedroom, two balcony and a lounge and kitchen apartment. It was spacious, clean and cheap. The staff was nice and the Masai staff was super cool. The ac was good but did not need it much. It was a minutes walk from bamburi beach where I saw a rainbow. The breakfast was good however not a lot of variety. You also get to dine with monkeys in the morning who keep strolling the gardens here. I paid around $ 100 for an amazing deal. The only thing wrong was that in both rooms was a bathroom with only two showers, which had a glass door, that didnt lock. i would suggest they change their doors and add locks. Also i would suggest they add lock to the common bathroom as well as it is the only bathroom with a comod and it was very weird telling your family that you are going to the bathroom. i would really suggest this hotel however would like the management to add locks to the bathrooms and have opaque doors.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bugvtccressfyuiimjnn
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed June 28, 2013

At first we could not believe the offer/ rate for a double room but since we were on holiday we decided to try it out. Our expectations were exceeded! Those were the most friendly staff I have ever met, I felt like they were family. Kipkemboi and Ole Popote were just awesome and really ensured that we had what we wanted.The rooms were very spacoius and very neat. Being in a quiet and serene location it was so ideal for family. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a budget hotel in Bamburi beach area..Its so pocket friendly.. All was excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Judie C
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Best customer service, fantastic facilities. If your looking for a place with most value for money then you've most definitely found it at Kahamas hotel. My girlfriend and I really enjoyed our stay their. The assistants (Ole Mayien and all other Oles) were helpful. First I stayed at Kenya Bay Beach hotel which is right behind Kahamas and next to the beach but after I discovered how awesome kahamas was, I've not changed venue since. I'll definitely come back in August.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are more quieter, less monkey activity