“best honeymoon place to stay.”
Review of Kahama Hotel

Kahama Hotel
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Bamburi
Reviewed November 13, 2012

it was our first time as a couple to stay at kahama for our honeymoon.the service was super or rather out of this world.from the maasai at the entrance who help with carrying our bags to the beautiful receptionists who welcome you always with a smile and also the cold juice thats awesome.the only setback they have is they miss a beach where you can walk barefooted on the sand.otherwise its a great experience and a home away from home. ahsante sana kahama.

Room Tip: rooms on the north side are bigger.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Kahama at a general point of view it's a place of class on it's own,it can't be compared with any other place in coast ; Reception Very Good, Rooms Thumbs up , Service Good but let the waiters & waitress learn proper communication skills to approach & convince a guest ,Food Very Good especially during the day, at night not as good as the days; zero attention,no garnish,no sauce,overcooked or burnt .The slogan ya roho safi na mapenzi; as you say to us customers. adhere to it.Other wise we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cynthiamuga
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Every time I visit Mombasa, I stay at Kahama. Not only are the rates reasonable, the customer service is excellent! The 'Ole's' run to help me with my bags, the girls and guys at the reception sign me up quick and there is always that cold glass of juice that says 'we are happy to have ya!" better than plain old words.

The water is hot, they have DSTV and for sports fans, that's the place to be. The rooms are spacious and clean and they have AC that works. I have been to hotels that have broken AC or fans which in Mombasa weather, are no use at all.

Breakfast alternates between African and English which gives most visitors coming from other countries a taste of African food. Did I mention they have room service at no extra cost? They do. I will be back in Mombasa at the end of November and you guessed it! I will stay at Kahama Hotel.

I want to give special kudos to 3 people who make my stay there much better each time. A shout out to my guy Emmanuel and my girls Faith and Rosalia! You all deserve a raise. Tell the boss I said so!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CynthiaMugi
Reviewed September 20, 2012

It was wonderful but the music is too loud at night especially for someone who wants to rest Something should be done about it.Other than that the Maasai men are doing a good job.

The reception is wonderful and the rooms are good

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Alex N
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Home away from home i must say. shangwe tele ..right from the moment you enter the gate..security guards to the reception..wooh!..woow...wow..! wait a minute did i mention those three pretty guest relations ladies with their beautiful smiles? apart from being polite and modest, wanaongeza ladha kweli and without forgetting the man himself Edgar, thumbs up. Rooms are clean not just clean spackling clean , spacious with all the amenities talk of aircon, dstv, internet connection....man! what more can i say? getting real value and more 4 your money. and yeah a king size bed guess what for the 5 nights i spent there i used to wake up feeling like a superman! Talk of top class service with equality, i doubt if Mswati ever gets such and ooh! my..ooh! my. the sports bar where one can quench thirst or water his/her gills is amazing. with some cool, soothing music that will make you feel "yeah am on cloud nine. the karrier hockey....eeeeh! i being told it is "Karaoke" night will just blow you away. though located a few meters from the beach i don't think that should be an issue give the security within that vicinity is good plus alittle walk won't do any harm,just a bit of a healthy exercise i guess. simply put i recommend this hotel to everyone, anyone, anywhere, anytime . KAHAMA the true spirit of Kenyan Hospitality.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jontees
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I must say that I visited a five star and a three start hotel just next to you Kahama and I thought the star ratings should change. Kahama has the best reception and general services compared to the other hotels nearby. Being a local guest, I was less regarded in those other hotels..yet I gave among the best tips. Kahama treats everyone with dignity and respect. This is a place to stay and feel the Kenyan hospitality. Thanks Kahama.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank 10Ronnie
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Taking our cue from the Lonely Planet Kenya guidebook, our group of 23 youth and adults descended on the hotel with little notice. The staff took everything in stride and were able to accommodate us with a minimum of fuss. Eight of the group were in the nearby apartments (four to a room) and enjoyed a wonderful view of the ocean. The others were scattered throughout the hotel.

We had a busy schedule, so spent little time at the hotel. Our comments are therefore based on the accommodation standard (great), breakfast quality (good and timely), staff interaction (excellent), value for money (terrific) and location (good... and a five minute walk from the highly-rated Yul's restaurant just down the beach).

Our only comments: the hotel is not located on the beach and beach access at night requires some walking in unlit/partially lit areas. Group check-in took a significant amount of time, as very detailed information was required for each member of our group.

In summary, though, this hotel was a great choice for us and we recommend it highly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bamburi
PrideInn Express Nyali
#5 of 14 in Bamburi
The Plaza Beach Hotel
The Plaza Beach Hotel
#13 of 14 in Bamburi

Been to Kahama Hotel? Share your experiences!