“Nice but not the great place on Vis”
Review of Jastozera - CLOSED

Jastozera
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We have visited this restaurant in the early August with my wife and my friend, we wait until the waiter (konobar in Croatian language) will come aprox 10 minutes, the restaurant was overcrowded but the meal was good, the fish was good also and the octopus salad was great. We wait so long to get our scampi ohh, it was just crazy. The service was slow.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

The setting of this unique restaurant is a tourist attraction in itself, and the food is amazing. Fresh lobster is plucked from the sea directly below the restaurant and cooked on the open grill. Amazing!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Maybe we had expected slightly too much from Jastozera but we were recommended it by a number of people and had heard how nice it was. The restaurant itself is incredibly pretty, sitting just above the water with the fresh lobsters below you still sat in the Adriatic is quite something. They even allow you to bring your dingy / small boat into the restaurant which would be incredibly special.

We were seated nice and quickly and ordered the house white wine, we mostly drank the house wines while we stayed in Split & on Vis and this was the nicest of them all and very well priced for the quality.

Our honeymoon was a little early in the season and so it was pretty quiet in the restaurant. This did also mean that some items were not available on the menu, unfortunately, we were not made aware of this until we tried to order something that wasn't available, it would have been nice to be informed of this while they were seating us and providing menus rather than trying to pick a new starter with the waiter standing over me. The waiter was also a little short with us. This could have been a language issue though.

I had octopus salad and it was nice, similar to what I had elsewhere during our stay (although more expensive) my wife had a shrimp soup but it lacked a lot if flavour I tried some and to be honest it tasted a lot like buttery milk the shrimp was hard to find.

I wanted some white fish for my main and then waiter said he would bring me the selection but then returned to the table with just one fish. I went along with his choice, although it would have been nice to have a choice myself. My wife had lobster gratin.

When the fish and lobster arrived they were cooked really well and the flavours were really nice. I had chips with my fish although in had ordered fried potatoes, perhaps it was lost in translation again. Disappointingly the chips were cooked from frozen, they had a chalky texture which was a little unpleasant.

To be honest, it was just the little things that let the restaurant down, just some good customer service would have solved most of the issues and would have left a poor soup and frozen chips as disappointments given the expense of the restaurant. I am not sure if it was just early season and they were working their way in, or if the restaurant was trying to come across more premium than it actually is.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

A great location, fantastic service and superb seafood. Really had an amazing time and well worth the money to make a special night of it.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I had the best squid I have ever tasted in this gorgeous little place. The setting is wonderfully romantic and the service was probably the best I've ever experienced outside of the UK - our waitress was fantastic.
Recommended for anyone who is looking for a bit of a treat when staying in Komiza - divine.