“Just the thing after a bike ride.”

Rosie's Tea & Coffee Room
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Hayfield
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Try the polenta, gluten free cake. It's wonderful. The coffee is excellent and yes! you have to order at the counter. So! With superior food like this who is bothered if you might have to wait for a table, or sit outside.!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I'm, if not a regular - I'm away too much for that - then at least a fairly frequent visitor at Rosies; and having reviewed it first back in 2010, not too long after it opened, I thought it was perhaps time for a reprise. The quality of the baking is still excellent, as is the range of teas and coffees (I don't drink anything else there, but there seem to be lots of soft drinks for those who like that kind of thing). It can get very busy, and then service can be a little on the slow side - although generally you'll be warned about that. Prices have crept up since 2010, but those for tea and coffee are not at all high given the quality on offer - my double-shot long black sets me back precisely £1.80, and it's quite simply one of the best and most reliable cups of coffee that I've come across (and I regularly drink my way around most of York's tea and coffee rooms, bar Betty's, which is what I'd call expensive....). The cakes are dearer than they were, but again prices are not excessive for the quality (and, if that matters to you, the quantity). By comparison, I can eat for these prices in York: but not in most cafes there. I occasionally go off-piste and eat something a little healthier - the lovely home-made soup, for example, which is again good value for money.

Rosies is now a TV star as well, having featured in street views in BBC1's The Village, largely filmed in Hayfield (and one or two other less places aroundabouts...).

2  Thank LSWR
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

The cakes are to die for ! Service friendly high quality food good selection of sandwiches and homemade cakes

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We got sandwiches and cakes 2 days running for our trips out. Nice and fresh, made with care, very good. Maybe a little slow, but I actually quite like that - maybe we all need to slow down and relax a little! Recommended, just don't be in a rush and enjoy the 'village' ambience.

1  Thank Tim P
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Lovely little tea room in Hayfield, just what we needed after our walk. The home-made cake was lovely!