See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 4, 2016

Hotel is located in the city center of Dreieich. The locations is convenient for business travelers visiting local companies south of Frankfurt. Service is acceptable, and breakfast is okay. Rooms are also okay, even though furtntue is aged. Biggest problem seems to be Internet connection. My WIFI connection was agonizing slow, and I lost the connection several times.

Room tip: Ask if WIFI speed is better in some rooms than in others!
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Escala-Team, Receptiondesk at Hotel L'Escala, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2016

Dear Globetrotter AIL,
thank you very much for your Feedback.
we are happy when our 'Guests are happy.
about the furniture, we have different categories for rooms and different sorts of Standard of course. Our superior rooms for example are very trendy and modern. we would be happy to Show you the difference if you would come again to visit us.
we are very sorry about the WI-FI, unfortunately it seems to have a bit of Trouble now and then. but we are trying to sort this out.
thank you very much and hopefully see you again as our Guest
your L'Escala Team

Reviewed October 18, 2015 via mobile

Clean rooms. Good shower. Tea and coffee and fridge in your room. , friendly staff and good breakfast. Would stay again. Free parking.
Only downside would be the glass bathroom door and street light shown through into the bedroom.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
Escala-Team, Rezeptionstaff at Hotel L'Escala, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2015

Dear M124nda :)
Thank you very very much for your positive Feedback, we are happy when our Guests are happy.
We would really be glad to welcome you again as our Guests.

Concerning the streetlight, we do already have Curtains that shouldblock most of the Light coming in too much in the mornings.
Unfortunately some streetlight will always pass through, but we hope it is not too much so that it keeps our Guests from a Goodnight sleep.

Reviewed April 28, 2015 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for business. Its clean and good value. But the rooms are very very small and kinda noisy and could use a refreshment. Room had a Television, but its a 14" CTR, so quality was not amusing The breakfast was very nice.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Traveled on business
Escala-Team, rezeption at Hotel L'Escala, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2015

Dear TravelFRJ,

Thank you very much for your Feedback.
The wellbeing of our Guests is one of our highest priorities.

We are sorry if you had one of our smaller rooms,
We had some redecorating and refreshment done since your last visit and we changed some of our rooms.

We offer three different categories, we would be happy to see you again as our guest soon and this time our receptiondesk Team could help you choose a room that is more suitable for your expections and your comfort of course.

your sincerely
L'Escala team

Reviewed January 14, 2015

On the outside - normal looking hotel in a central location. On the inside, though - depressing little lifeless rooms. Elevator can barely fit 2 people.

Cold! The hotel provides only some basic, thin bed sheet and after midnight they turn down the radiator temperature centrally! Before sunrise, they turn it on again, to create the illusion that it was working all night.

Breakfast is ok - hence, one star.

The hotel (I think it should be called hoStel) costs as much as a nice hotel such as Turm hotel, which is where I advise you should go instead.

Internet access has some funny issues, but there is a possibility it could be my laptop.

Walls are paper thin and you can hear yelling, loud conversations and what not.

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Hristo Y
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The hotel L’Escala is a medium sized hotel in the center of Dreieich-Sprendlingen. The rooms are comfortable, clean and reasonably spacious. We found the staff to be very welcoming and courteous and were able to speak very excellent English. They were helpful when asked about the local area and offered suggestions on places of interest and local restaurants worth visiting. We took their advice and were never disappointed with any of their suggestions. Breakfast was served every morning and it was the usual Eruo-breakfast one would find in most hotels. The quality was excellent with an very good assortment of fresh baked bread…I assume these come from the bakery right next door to the hotel as they were warm and tasty. There was very good variety and all items were kept well stocked.

If I have any criticism, it is with the room. As I indicated earlier, the room was very comfortable. However, there are a couple of basic elements I expect to find in a hotel room of any reasonable quality. The first element is a fridge. I was surprised to find that the room did not have a small fridge. I do not make a habit of raiding the minibar in hotels I visit, but I do appreciate having a fridge available in the event I want to keep drinks cold or to keep any left over food I might want to enjoy later in the evening or the next day. The second item was the lack of a proper television. The room did have a TV, but it was a tiny tube-style TV. With the ubiquity of flat panel TVs and in price ranges that are affordable, I would expect any hotel room to come equipped with at least a 32inch flat panel mounted on the wall with a basic movie package and news channels. I do not make it a habit to check into a room and sit and watch TV all night long, but I do enjoy watching news channels like BBC and CNN when I have time. That said, the free wi-fi was reasonably strong and did provide the Internet access I needed.

Over all, L’Escalla is a very good hotel and I would recommend it to anyone coming to the area for business or to tour.

Date of stay: May 2013