“A perfect place for a relaxed holiday with friends”

and 1 more site!
Agriturismo I Gergoni
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My relationship and connection to this special place is something that follows me for quite a long time now. My first holiday at I Gergoni was about 10 years ago when I still was a little child. Now that I just turned 20 I visited Carlo and Paola again. Of course my attitude and intererests have changed but still I cant help but say that this is not simply a place to make holiday but a place where the hosts Carlo and Paola became friends... People that give you a feeling of always being welcomed and letting you be a part of their wonderful lifestyle in connection with nature and the typical Italian "dolce vita". Not only did I enjoy the time as a child to play at the pool and to discover the environment that surrounds I Gergoni but I also enjoyed the experience that I made to come back to that peaceful place. The silence and harmony are just perfect to relax and forget the stressful everyday life at home.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Paula T
There are newer reviews for Agriturismo I Gergoni

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We love I Gergoni! We've been there several times, and every time we enjoyed the hospitality of Carlo and Paola, the beautiful apartments, pool and surroundings. The first time we visited, our children were 7 and 9, and the last time 15 and 17, and they always had a wonderful time, playing with the other children and last time even a pizza-night! I Gergoni is situated not far from the highway and the railway station, so you can visit all kinds of beautiful cities easily. It is our favourite holiday address in Italy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank familieSmulders
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Upon arriving to this charming villa, I felt like I had walked into a movie about Europeans taking the holidays in the beautiful Italian countryside. The mountain view is breathtaking, and the layout of the hotel is beautifully landscaped with lots of surprises around each corner. For dinner, Paola put out the ingredients for us guests to make our own pizzas and then, in his apron, Carlo pushed the pizzas into the outdoor brick oven like a true chef. This allowed the guests to mingle, and I learned that one family has been vacationing there every year for 10 years! Like that family, Paola and Carlo made me feel like family after experiencing their hospitality just one night. Truly, in such a setting you have the luxury to relax yet still visit the most famous sight seeing in Florence, Sienna, Assisi and Rome! With easy access to the train and a short ride to each destination, you will get the best of both worlds: sight seeing and relaxation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We all loved to be at this place. Carlo and Paola were always therefor us with a big smile. There are 5 charming houses well equipped this was a nice amount of apartments it never was too crowdy at the pool. The pool is big enough to swim.
Although it is not situated among a paved road, it was a comfortable road and we were very quickly at the motorway to visit all kind of nice places.
Carlo and Paola knows also the good places to eat or by fresh pasta. yummy!
We hope to come back some day.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at I Gergoni and was thoroughly enchanted with it. Our hosts, Carlo and Paola were incredibly charming. They made my cousin and I feel relaxed the minute we stepped into their oasis. The grounds and surrounding area are amazing. Sunsets from the pool are an absolute must for guests to enjoy. We had a spacious living room/dining room with a kitchen that had all the necessities. The bedrooms were lovely with fresh crisp linens. We even had a cat that greeted us every morning we were there. The view from the olive groves is a wonderful medieval village of Monteleone on top of a rather large hill/small mountain. I recommend a drive there, where you swear you've stepped back a century in time. Another great place, close by, is Orvieto where I recommend the tour of the underground caves and St. Patrick's Well, marvels of early Italian life. Hope to be back at I Gergoni one day soon! :o)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Recently I had the amazing opportunity to spend a few days at the beautiful and idyllic agri-tourism resort, I Gergoni. The resort is stunning and features traditional villas built of local stone, with grapevine arbors and well-appointed kitchens and baths, in addition to a pool, brick pizza oven, and areas to walk. The flowers, trees and shrubs are colorful and well-tended. We enjoyed the views across the valley to the hills and mountaintop towns on the other side. It was a pleasure to swim in the spacious pool after a day of visits to famous sites such as the medieval churches and castle in Assisi and the magnificent cathedral in Siena. The hosts, Carlo and Paola gave us excellent sight-seeing suggestions, and are gracious and friendly in every way. For anyone interested in the province of Umbria, this is a wonderful, relaxing and very peaceful place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2013

What's not to love about this beautiful place? The setting is picturesque, quiet, and enchanting! Our apartment was clean, beautifully furnished and charming. Carlo assisted us in our needs of navigation always with a smile on his face. We enjoyed our meal together while learning to make Italian dishes from the generous Paola and Carlo. We hope our paths cross again. Thank you for such a memorable time. Blessings to you and your family!
Jerry and Nancy Gowins

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monteleone d'Orvieto
Hotel Al Poggio dei Papi
Agriturismo La Chiusetta
B&B Antica Sosta
B&B Antica Sosta
#1 of 3 in Monteleone d'Orvieto

Been to Agriturismo I Gergoni? Share your experiences!