“Great place to stay in Tahlequah”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Tahlequah
Sherman, Texas
“Great place to stay in Tahlequah”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I spent one night here and were completely satisfied. Everything looked new and clean. The bed was very comfortable. Wi-fi worked great. Unlike most other hotel A/C units, this one had a fan which did not cycle on and off, keeping the noise level constant, which helped me sleep. Service was friendly. The free breakfast was good, but I would have liked some meat. My only small complaint was the price was a little high at $96. I would have preferred a stay around $60. But you get what you pay for, I guess.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here when the Cherokee gathering was going on, and this place was charging $150 per night. The pillows were the size of throw pillows. They were lumpy, and stiff. The walls must have been thin because it was loud in our room. They ran out of coffee by 8a.m., and did not make any for the rest of the day. If this place was in the $60 range it would have been fine, but to be in Tahlequah, Ok and paying $150 I expected a whole lot more.

Don't Stay here!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Branson, Missouri
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed here over the Cherokee National Holiday. They increased the price of an average room by double the price. With a minimum three night stay. Very overpriced for the ammenities you get. The breakfast was terrible. Runny eggs, and not much else...Ate there once. That was enough. On the positive side, the personel there were great. They all went out of there way to help us which was nice. But this hotel seems older and a little more run down than other Comfort Inns we have stayed at. Its like they have you over a barrel with there prices for that weekend. I will definatly check around if we decide to attend the Pow Wow next year. Have stayed at other hotels in this town before that were alot better than this one...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Denton
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Our family spent 3 nights recently, and we were all completely satisfied. Rooms were very clean, exceptionally comfortable-- great bed!-- and up-to-date. Wi-fi was no problem for us, as stated in another review. Service was friendly, breakfast was good. I was concerned about air-conditioning, given the 106 degree temperatures every day, but the AC kept up very well.
Very convenient location.
We will definitely stay here again next time we are in town.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RSKDenton
Siloam Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed July 18, 2012

There was ants in the room, I don't know where they were coming from but they got all over my lap top and both nights I woke to ants in the bed with me. The first night it was minor, the second night... it was bad. On top of that, someone that came in about 2:00am and was really noisy. By 3:00am with no relief in sight, I tried calling the front desk. It took four phone calls before someone answered. Then open checking my account, I realized I was overcharged by $30.00 dollars. It was not taken care of when I pointed it out and I have not been reimbursed. Which means now I have to spend extra time trying to recover money that they should not have taken in the first place.

I have stayed at many Comfort Inns. This was the worst experience I have had by far.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Oak Grove, AR
Reviewed January 5, 2012

The front desk clerk was friendly and plesant. The room was clean and comfortable. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I previously reviewed this hotel. That still stands. But, if you must have WiFi, do not stay here. I have three different devices and could not use any. My scanners indicated unuseable signal levels. if you really must have Wi-Fi then you can go down the Street several blocks away from this hotel and use the Wi-Fi at McDonald'. I used the Wi-Fi at McDonald's and I was able to get all the work done that I wanted to do. This proved that my three different devices I tried had nothing wrong with them.

• Stayed September 2011