“Classic stay ,five star niceness.”

Oak Hill Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Tahlequah B&B and Inns
Hulbert, Oklahoma
“Classic stay ,five star niceness.”
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I stayed with a friend in April of 2011 but had stayed here once before.It reminds me of the Old Route 66 Motels .The Rooms were clean (Ours was a smoking room )Surpising to have a smoking room that didn't overwelm you with a" Smoke Smell" .But I smoke so a non smoker might notice more than me.They have a rule if you smoke Ask for a smoking room .If you smoke in a non smoking room you will be charged for the cleaning of that room .It is a fair rule .I smoke I ask for a room I can smoke in .The Room they put me was a 2 bed but The beds were huge and quite comfortable (The smoking Single beds were full up that night.)They gave me a double at single rates for my inconvience and I didn't even have to ask.The TV. was not giant but at least a 25" to 27" TV.The bathroom was a little small but had everything .Plenty of white towels and rags soap shampoo even a hair dryer had enough space for me to put my Toiletries on and a night bag It was clean and shiney.It had this enormous Armoire to hang your wrinkibles in and clean dressers for the rest .The Wi-Fi on my laptop came in good and was quicker then some motels I've stayed at before.You can tell these nice folks care about the bad reviews .This was my second time staying there and I can tell how hard they have worked to make the bad reviews end .When I read them I tought they weren't talking about the same Motel. Couldn't beleave how harch some of them were .This isn't a big chain hotel with lots of doe.But the man and lady running it were kind to me and mine. The Water was hot .I know cause I took a hour long shower and it never did get cold on me. I Like this place and would spend the night here again .You can be snooty and nit pick the tar out of the place ,find something wrong with everything but for the cost and the classicness of it.and the Niceness of the Lady and Man makes it worth a stay.If your extremely picky stay somewhere else .You'll pay more and still might be disappointed.Oh ,I didn't even mention the big breakfast they have .(I got donuts at a Holiday Inn Express and had to take take them back to the room to sit and eat.)Here they got a nice room with tables and a place to sit with big windows to get the morning light and recharge your batteries,and a good selection of food including biquits and gravy. I know I'm a bit wordy in the likein of this place but I wish the others places I've stayed at were like this .I haven't stayed in a place that had this much charm and class and affordability since I was a kid takein long trips cross country with my folks and stayed a Howard Johnsons on Route 66 in 1973.Give it a shot or don't give it a shot, I don't care one way or the other.If you don't the next time I'm in town .I'll get a room here much easier and I know I'll be asleep before you .Sincerly-Ty Hooten

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mojohandsome

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Indiana
Reviewed August 2, 2009

We booked our room through Expedia. The motel looked great on the web. The pictures on the web must be from the suites because the room we were assigned did not look like that at all. The room did not feel safe! We could see daylight through the door. The deadbolt and door jam were very loose. We had difficulty closing the door (it had the old fashioned keys). There was no way were going to spend a night in this room. We went back to the desk and requested a different room. This room's A/C did not work and it was dirty! After a long trip from out of state, we just turned in the keys and cancelled our stay. We were still charged for the first day and for a pet. It was such a disappointment!
I’m sorry to say that this hotel was well regarded years ago but it has deteriorated to the point that it just doesn’t feel safe anymore.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Fort Smith,AR
Reviewed July 17, 2009

I had out-patient knee surgery in Tahlequah, and since I lived almost 2 hours away, made a reservation to stay that night at this motel. They gave us a reduced rate and were VERY accommodating. It was clean and comfortable and the people were very nice. It was not luxurious, but did have a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker and coffee packet,etc. It was perfect for my purposes and a great value. I would stay there again anytime I need to stay in Tahlequah, surgery or not! I found nothing to complain about and I highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple