“Hen Party Day”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in South Cave
Hull, East Yorkshire, England
“Hen Party Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I went yesterday with my daughter and 10 family & friends for a spa day for her hen party. We were made very welcome with bucks fizz available on arrival at 10 am. We each were give white dressing gowns and slippers then we all had 2 x 30 min treatments. Full use of the swimming pool, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi and sun loungers. We had arranged our lunch to be available at 3 pm after we had all completed our treatments, the tables were all arranged so that we could eat and chat together. Extra drinks and food were readily available to order at an extra cost during the day. Went home totally relaxed and pampered. I can't wait to do this again. I would recommended this to everyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

overnight golfing break - lovely course - food brilliant - great service - and nice big rooms - great value for money ! would return there any time and not necessarily to play golf ! did not have time to use and spa area !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had the best dinner bed and breakfast ever. Gorgeous location, food and rooms. Fantastic facilities and pool. Have visited national trust places that were not as grand. We will be back. A huge thank you to all the staff at cave castle for making our stay so memorable.

• Stayed May 2013
Hamilton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We recently attended a 25th wedding anniversary celebration at Cave Castle Hotel and we couldn' t give high enough praise to the staff for their fantastic attention to detail and their guests. It is a lovely hotel in really beautiful grounds. Our room was small but perfectly clean and comfortable and had lovely views over the golf course. the food was excellent and very well presented. Only downside was having to be out of the room by 10:30am on a Sunday morning so didn't have time to enjoy the spa and relax a little before our long drive home to Scotland.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just had a top weekend with 19 other lads ( golf trip ) this was 4th or 5th time at " cave " . I suppose that says it all . Lovely rooms , great food , terrific service , great golf course for all levels of player ,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed at Cave Castle Hotel on business for 4 nights earlier this month. First impressions were great, lovely hotel in idyllic location great for both business and leisure. My room was really nice but had to move rooms as I had no hot water. 2nd room was incredible with dual aspect views, could see right across the golf course which was really nice.
The only thing that really let this hotel down was the lack of choice for vegetarian meals. There was no hot vegetarian breakfast, ie: vegetarian sausages, hash browns etc. I was told that I could have eggs and tomatoes..........great!! I don't eat eggs so I gave that a miss!! Evening meals were very limited too but I did spot a mushroom pasta dish on the room service menu that I would have liked. When I asked if I could order this in the Bistro I was informed that I couldn't, but I could go back up to my room, order it there, wait for it to be delivered and then bring it down 2 flights of stairs back to the Bistro so I could eat with the rest of my colleagues!!!! Really??!! How ridiculous!!
In this day and age with so many different people with specific dietary requirements I find it particularly odd that a hotel such as this cannot cater for such basic things.
In contrast, I stayed a couple of weeks ago in a budget hotel that had a fantastic menu choice for vegetarians and also vege sausages for breakfast. Hooray!! Such a shame, as I would have rated this hotel much higher.

Room Tip: Room 2 is great!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank mrspontin
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I recently was asked to be Toastmaster & Master of Ceremoniess at Cave Castle for a young couple who were using this venue for their wedding reception. As an independant Toastmaster I get around many different types of wedding venues up and down the counrty. If you are considering getting married in the East Yorkshire / North Lincs area then I would recommend strongly that you put this Hotel at the top of your places to check out. The attention to detail that clearly had been put into the particular wedding I attended was amazing. I arrived an hour before the wedding ceremony was due to start ad as you would expect everything was setup perfectly for this very lucky couple. The attention to deatail was really the very best. The hotel wedding co-ordinator and the general manager were both on hand to greet the couple as they arrived. After the ceremony the room was turned around to serve as the Reception room for the wedding meal (Cave Castle does have two large reception rooms). This turn around was done in lightening speed and again the presentation of the finished room laid out for the wedding breakfast was fantastic. Come the actual meal which was a 4 course offering of a very high standard, in particularly I noticed that the main course (Roast Beef) was just superb, I have never in all my travels seen such a generous helping of beef on one plate and presented spendidly. The service which was headed up by Debbie the wedding co-ordinator was very quick with the Hotel GM even serving the top table. There was plenty of staff to cope and it was just a perfectly executed service. The couple were cheered out of their reception and into a nice bar area whilst the roomed was very quickly refreshed by Debbie and her staff, once again a beautifully presented room ready for the evening party. Many hotels do claim to offer the services of a Toastmaster at their weddings but in reality just use a member of staff. Not here at Cave Castle you get a fully booted and suited qualified Toastmaster who is with you from before your ceremony and stays with you until you leave your wedding breakfast.

Room Tip: Great Wedding and a must to include in your search for a great wedding venue. PS i did not stay in...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
#1 of 1 in North Ferriby
BEST WESTERN Willerby Manor Hotel
Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel
Beverley Tickton Grange Hotel

Been to Cave Castle Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!