“How lovely .........”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Gallery

The Gallery
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in South Cave
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Gallery was built in 1820 and has four separate dining areas over two floors, seating up to eighty diners. The smallest of these seats fourteen and the largest twenty four, making the building ideal for intimate dining, small parties and business meetings. We open at 9.30am serving breakfasts, then lunches and afternoon teas. At 5.00pm we totally change our menu for our evening meals, we are also fully licensed and carry over seventy wines and champagnes. We also offer a take-away service 9.30am - 7.30pm all details of which can be be found on our website.
York, United Kingdom
“How lovely .........”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

How lovely to find the ideal restaurant that has food freshly prepared every day of the year. Five years ago I was recommended to visit The Gallery I have never looked back, they're perfect in every way right down to growing most of there ingredients on their land. The food gets double checked to perfection to make sure the finished dish shows off their very best strengths before leaving the kitchen. I travel from York to enjoy the good food, friendly professional service knowing no matter how big my party may be I/we will not be disappointed.Ten out of ten.

2 Thank LJBIELBY
Gary W, Owner at The Gallery, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you LJBIELBY for your review. I am so pleased to see that you have been traveling all the way from York for five years to eat at The Gallery and that you have awarded us 10/10.
We all hope to see you again soon!

“terrible customer service and maget in food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

As a local to the gallery we eventually decided to pop in and try out the food, I had a charizo pasta and my partner the mixed sea food pizza with a side of olive salad. The meal was going well until my partner found a 'well cooked' maget on her pizza, when we reported this to the members of staff we were met with an iron fist and aggressive attitude when walking to pay the bill the owner comes running out pushing and shoving to inform us the maget was a muscles tongue when in fact there is no such thing, a horrible experience i hope you don't have the same one, deeply upset and let down.

19 Thank Charlie A
Gary W, Owner at The Gallery, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
It just shows the intelligence of this "diner" when he can't even spell the word "maggot". Which as it happened was not as claimed, but instead a small piece of mussel meat which would be expected on a seafood pizza.
There seems to be an ever growing number of this type of "diner" who, out for a cheap night out, eat most of their meal then suddenly in a loud voice says " there's an insect in my food," hoping to embarrass the restaurant into giving them a free meal and drinks, sorry not this time.
We have a wonderful clientele here at The Gallery, we certainly don't need low lifers like this.
Kingston-upon-Hull, England
“One of the best Italians in the region”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

We have now visited the restaurant twice, the first time with a group of 4 of us, the second with a large party for my wifes birthday. On both occasions we found the service to be excellent, the food is well made, well presented, and of a very high standard. I often rate an italian restaurant on the quality of the pizza, and The Gallery really deliver on this front, proper thin and crispy pizza. The pasta, fish, steaks all went down very well with our large party, and the specials board has some real treats on it.
The large, private dining room suits large groups really well, and deserves a mention. There were 13 of us, and the room was perfect, intimate enough that everyone is close enough to talk, yet spacious enough that the staff can easily get around the table to serve.
I highly recommend this lovely restaurant, and will be visiting fairly regularly in the future.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank t8yman
Gary W, Owner at The Gallery, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you t8yman for talking the time to write a review. I'm so pleased to see that your wife enjoyed her birthday and the rest of the party their evening. Hope to see you again soon!
“Wonderful resteraunt in my doorstep that I had never been to till last night.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

My friend and I went last night and was nicely suprised.
Lovely atmosphere in the quaint bistro.
Menu extensive we took forever choosing, especially when we saw meals going to other tables!
Wine list had a great choice.
The food came and we were very happy with our choices, however as we had orderd far too we couldn't eat it all so the kind staff offered I box it for us.
The staff were attentive throughout and very helpful!
We will becoming again soon! Thanks

2 Thank Salsxi
Gary W, Owner at The Gallery, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you Salsxi for your wonderful review, now that you have found us we hope to see you again!
Beverley, United Kingdom
“We keep coming back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Well worth making the journey from Beverley to this excellent Italian restaurant which is one of the best (if not THE best) in the area. We are always greeted with a smile and a warm welcome, "Linguine Pescatore" is my favourite dish, cannot fault anything even if I was to be picky. Staff are courteous and attentive, a real credit to the manager, décor of the interior is very tasteful. Our little gem, but don't tell anybody! :-)

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank GALLOW
Gary W, Owner at The Gallery, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you GALLOW for another 5* review. I'm pleased to see that once again you have enjoyed your meal at The Gallery and my staff have looked after you. For you to travel all the way from Beverley when you have 89 restaurants on your doorstep is truly a compliment.