“A perfect wedding day...”
Review of Rudstone Walk

Rudstone Walk
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We chose to have our wedding reception here and had a perfect day!! Food was fantastic - heard people comment that the meal was the best they had ever had. Buffet 'kids party tea' looked amazing. Staff and service was second to none.

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank RaeofSunshin

Reviewed July 1, 2012

nice place for a break,rooms comfy and food excellent,stunning views over the yorkshire countryside,staff friendly and helpfull,very good value highly recommended,

Room Tip: we stayed in the woodland room
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CAROLBOB_12
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I had booked into another hotel which had double booked me and after a word or two there with the manager a staff member called Rudeston Walk to ask about vacancies which they had got.
So off I went not knowing what to expect, should not have worried the staff I met were pleasant and helpful despite the late hour of my arrival.
The quiet surroundings all helped to unwind me after the 3 hour drive and the idea that I might have to stay in the car.
I did not eat in the Boars Nest so can't comment but did have a beer which went down a treat.
Rudston Walks rooms were comfy and well maintained with all the usual niceties you would expect.
Was impressed enough to book there again for a weekend visit with my wife and the mother-in-law.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be fine
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank JoBugman
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The hotel is set in the level countryside of East Yorkshire, not too far from the cities of York and Hull. I stayed in an upper room which had a country feel to it with a bath, a shower, a kettle and most importantly, a big, comfortable bed. The room was clean, staff are friendly and the food is good. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who prefers a quiet stay away from the towns.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank VanguardScotland
Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in a self catering cottage for two nights. We were limited in our choice of places to stay as few places in the area took dogs but Rudstone Walk does. That said, I think I would look further afield for somewhere to stay next time as it was not very special. The cottage is dated and could do with a refurb. The bedroom was very small with one side of the double bed pushed up against a wall. The kitchenette was also tiny, yet space in the living room was occupied by a large table that would easily seat four, strange as there was only one bedroom and cooking for four in that kitchenette would be nigh on impossible! I can't comment on the food as we didn't eat in the restaurant nor have breakfast but fellow guests said the breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Our friend had their wedding reception here and we stayed the night as well, the staff were very warm and helpful and our room was homely and clean. The decor is a little 'country life' I guess but it's a country hotel so it suits it perfectly. The views are stunning out the back and we had a truly lovely day there. No complaints to be had at all.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Tatty rooms, clean enough I supose. But tired and old-fashioned. Over priced. Bedrom not cleaned or touched on second day.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank hanskraay

Been to Rudstone Walk? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rudstone Walk

Address: on the B1230, South Cave HU15 2AH, England
Location: United Kingdom > England > Yorkshire > East Riding of Yorkshire > South Cave
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Specialty Lodging in South Cave
Price Range: $109 - $112 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Rudstone Walk 3*
Our location boasts stunning views across the Vale of York, Humber Estuary and Lincolnshire Wolds with breathtaking sunsets from our elevated location, just off the Wolds Way National Trail. From our memorable and inspiring setting we turn special moments into lasting memories all year round. The perfect place to recharge, reconnect and rejuvenate. Dogs, walking boots, cycles are all welcome! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rudstone Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Rudstone Walk South Cave, England