The Kings Hotel
The Peacock(Henton)
$163
$158
Travelocity
Clifton Lodge Hotel(High Wycombe)
$73
Ambassador Court Hotel(High Wycombe)(Great Value!)
$58
$56
Agoda.com
$84
$70
Premier Inn High Wycombe Central Hotel(High Wycombe)(Great Value!)
$62
PremierInn.com
$37
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Abbey Lodge Hotel(High Wycombe)
$58
All reviewsgroupon dealwedding receptionlovely hotelmain barsunday lunchbooked this hotelbar areabed was very comfortablestayed here for one nightexcellent valuean overnight staycooked breakfasthigh wycombeeating housevenuechannelsoxford
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Didn't stay in the hotel, but came here for a company Christmas Dinner Party. The food was very good, especially considering the volume of service and boisterous nature of the party. I had a chicken terrine with morels, slow cooked belly of pork and chocolate torte. All the portions were very generous, and very well seasoned/cooked. The service must have been a nightmare for the staff but they coped very well and were very obliging and polite. I would thoroughly recommend this to anybody looking for a location for a large party. Although I didn't stay myself, a number of our party did, and commented that the rooms were good.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Jo B, General Manager at The Kings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Guest

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Christmas meal with us recently and would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience

We do hope to see you again soon and all the staff at the Kings would like to wish you a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year

Kind regards

JoB Hotel Manager

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I went to the hotel to check out where my friend was getting married. The restaurante was lovely, all decorated for Christmas, and the staff were very polite and welcoming. The events manager Jade then took us to see the rooms, which even though they were being set up for another event, she took the time to show us. She was lovely, very helpful and our friend has said she has been wonderful to work with while planning her wedding. Highly recommend the Kings Hotel

• Stayed: November 2013
Jo B, General Manager at The Kings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely review

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience and look forward to seeing you back at the Kings again soon

With warm regards

Jo B, Hotel Manager

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We arrived 8pm on Friday 22nd November,reception staff could barely summon the energy to welcome us-in fact,he didn't even welcome us!I had to ask what time breakfast was etc

We got to the restaurant,was asked room number and given menu.Couple of minutes later another waiter came and explained that we had to choose from the three course menu,and took the other menus back.
Admittedly, the food was nice...(apart from the soogy tomato and dried cucumber,which I can only assume has been left at room temperature-hopefully covered!)we ate and assumed that our drinks would be put on our room tab.returned to our room.

At 2220pm the phone rings in the room-the restaurant waiter calling saying we left without paying and there is no card on our room,can we come down and pay for our food etc.I explained my husband was in the shower,but he would be down in a minute. At 2230 my husband goes down to restaurant and is passed by the waitress. At 2235-knock on the room door.I get up from bed and dressed,open the door.Its the waitress- 'Did you sign for your bill?' my reply:'NO!I didnt...you have just rang here,my husband is now downstairs paying for it!'
Husband returns.restaurant staff tried charging him £75 for our meal until he pointed out the meal is included in the price we paidfor our stay-another staff member verifies this.

Considering we checked in 2hrs previously, having paid for our stay weeks ago,is it really common sense to pester at such an unearthly hour for the sake of a £15 drinks bill?Were we really going to run off considering the hotel stay had all been paid for and we had driven 3 hours to get there? This would have been remedied quite simply by asking if we wanted to run a tab on our room at the point of us checking in(as is normal in other hotels we have been to), or even by the staff communicating and explaining that it was an 'included' meal to each other.

The wedding party music continued to thump until probably about 1am-ish, must have woke about 5 times on the friday night and about 4 times on the Saturday night.Pipework is so loud,all I could hear all night was the water heating up and running through to the rooms.The next morning, I get up for a shower-only one towel, which was wet from my husband using the night before.
Go downstairs for breakfast, sit down.waitress comes, I ask how we order hot food for breakfast to be told in a smug way-'its all out'.Considering I was told the night before by the waitress that cold food is all displayed for breakfast,but hot food is to be ordered from the menu,I was quite irritated by this response.

I get up with my cups and ask where the hot drinks are,the young girl says 'its all here-il get them' my reply:'well,I wouldnt know that considering its my first night!'-again, wouldnt it have been easieeer to ask me at first contact 'would you like tea or coffee?'
Some breakfast items were hot,others-like the bacon-had solidifed and gone cold.Do you not have to keep food at a certain temperature to avoid the production of bacteria?

When we return to the hotel on the Saturday night from our day out, decided to make a brew.good job I checked the date on the milk-the coffee creme went out of date 6 days previously!!(you might want to check others-people might be getting ill).

The blind in the room had been pulled down again, despite me pulling it up and opening the window.I soon realised why,when I took a closer look the window handle was broken,and the window itself was about 1cm away from the frame!nice gaping hole letting a breeze in and the rubber is mishapen so there is no way the window can be shut.yes,I also have pics of this.

Others problems:the toilet smelling like a sewer when flushed,1 packet of biscuits in the room-(there were 2 of us!?),the curtains not fitting the window frame and letting nice beams of light in at 6am.

Upon checkout,weren't even asked if we enjoyed our stay!just silence,as he checked our room and said 'yep,thats ok'...take it that means 'yep, you have paid up-see ya'

Needless to say, our 7th wedding anniversary will be remembered as the worst hotel stay we have had-being chased at gone 10pm for £15 on our first night did not exactly fill us with joy.It is not hard to communicate effectively and be efficient/helpful to customers.May not seem like huge problems to some-but our stays in the premier inn have been better than this one!

The above is a copy of our email to hotel management....

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank diana k

Dear Guests

Thank you for your valued feedback and your subsequent email to the hotel

I am happy that we have rectified the situation to your satisfaction and we do hope that you will give us another chance in the future so that we may demonstrate our usual high level of service.

With kind regards

Jo B, Hotel Manager

Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and I spent Friday and Saturday night in the Kings using a deal from Travelzoo. Our superior room was slightly quirky with sloping walls and a pillar in the middle but otherwise OK. The food was good and we dined there on both evenings. The hotel is only a few hundred yards from the M40 and this makes it a good, reasonably priced, place to break your journey.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed here with my wife on 16th November for a night. It was a deal through Groupon and the staff treated us brilliantly. We had a platter included and sat in the bar to eat it with a glass of prosecco. The nibbles were lovely. The staff in the restaurant/bar were very nice. The room was very nice, quite a good size and very cosy. We ate in the restaurant and the food was lovely. I recommend the scallops and my wife loved the steak. The service was very good and we sat in the snug afterwards for a coffee. The bed was comfortable and we had a good sleep. We had breakfast in the morning and it was a buffet breakfast of bacon,sausages,scrambled eggs,beans,mushrooms and tomatoes. All very nice and again very attentive staff. All in all a lovely staff and I would recommend it. If there was anything to complain about it would be that it was too hot in the room and the sports bar was closed in the evening. But a very small complaint as everything else was great.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple