“Unexpected surprise”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2019 via mobile

Actually we wanted to go somewhere else to eat. Due to the weather we gave this restaurant a try which was close to our room. At the end of the day i m grateful for the snowrain that we had. We had a great dinner with 6 different plates. Everything was nice and well seasoned. Fresh and made with love. Piedro who served us, was a really friendly and knowlidgable person and made our evening even more enjoyable. Quality of the food/wine compared with the prices is unbeatable. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: April 2019
Andrea C, Proprietario at La Bettola di Geppetto, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2019

Hi, I'm Andrea, the restaurant owner. Thanks for your words, I am happy to have let you have a nice evening in my restaurant. I hope to see you soon.

Andrea

Write a reviewReviews (639)

Reviewed December 10, 2018 via mobile

You would not know there was a restaurant here without spotting the small sign nearby.

This was our second visit and we were pleased that the menu had expanded.

Very simple food and presentation it its attraction. We had the set menu for €20 and were surprised to find that 1/2 litre of house wine per person was included in this price along with tea and coffee.

I have read the negative reviews and do wonder what these people expect. This is a tiny village on top of a mountain. There are no supermarkets. Everything has to be brought up to the mountain top. Nothing is discarded so you find chipped crockery wherever you go and simple furnishings.

You come here for the delight of simplicity. Great ingredients cooked well and served with a smile.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank cdshore
Andrea C, Proprietario at La Bettola di Geppetto, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2018

Good evening, I'm Andrea, the owner of the restaurant. Thank you for your comment. I'm glad you enjoyed it in my restaurant and I hope to see you soon.
Andrea

Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

Whoever expects gourmet 3 michelin star kind of food at this establishment should go elsewhere and pay accordingly. We had a lovely dinner with solid abruzzese food and delicious wine for less than 30 Euros for 2 . To me this is a winner!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 13, 2018

Homely and welcoming. This restraunt deserves its good reviews. It's moderately priced and overall the food was good. The green salad was a bit of a let down though. Local tomatoes and a variety of leaves would have been a better accompaniment for the lovely ravioli.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed July 2, 2018

We had two meals here. The first was lunch when the restaurant was fairly quiet (3 tables including ours) and the service was very good. The menu is in Italian and the waiter took time to explain what each dish was and also advised on what was possible with my dairy intolerance. The food was good and we decided to go back for dinner a couple of nights later. This time the restaurant was full, most people arrived at the same time and they were short of staff. The waiter did his best to manage the situation and still took time to explain the menu and what was dairy free. However the service was much slower, and the quality of the food was nowhere near as good as our first visit. The starters were nice but the mains were very disappointing, particularly my lamb which was tough and mostly inedible. A shame as we'd had high hopes following our first visit but would still recommend people to try it.

Date of visit: June 2018