“Great time at "IKEBANA experience with Ami"”

Ikebana Experience Amisui
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: "IKEBANA experience with Amisui" offers Ikebana classes for mainly foreign visitors in English in Tokyo. Learning IKEBANA provides you understanding a true-feel about Japan and you can find who you are through philosophy of our view of nature. If you are interested in learning about our unique culture more deeply, come join us!
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I strongly suggest to visit "Ikebana experience with Ami"! You could learn about valuable lessons and history of Ikebana. It was different than typical western flower arrangement, Ikebana had taste of their own Japanese style of flower arrangement. Class is held in the old samurai residence, and tea ceremony session was going on at the other classroom. You could feel the relaxation from it. After class, We had a tea at a beautiful traditional Japanese landscape garden as well. I had really great time at "Ikebana experience with Ami", and I will enjoy Ikebana now on!

3  Thank aramaii
There are newer reviews for Ikebana Experience Amisui

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I spent really wonderful time in Ikebana experience.
It was so nice view which has Japanese style garden that I could feel the good old Japan.
In addition,the teacher taught so kind and clearly in English that I was able to make my Ikebana.
I will particularly recommended for those who want to know the Japanese culture.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank yuri s
Reviewed June 25, 2014

My brother & I were the first students Ami-san ever had to teach by coming over to our place of stay. She came on the agreed time in the morning despite the Tokyo rush hour. Everything was provided by her and she carried a lot of necessary items with her!
Ami-san was knowledgeable, efficient, well-organized & extremely helpful as an Ikebana teacher and in addition she was a sweet & very polite lady. She is also fluent in English so communication was no trouble. She made use of space well for our learning area. She started off by describing the historical background of Japanese flower arrangement, using useful visual aids. Then she demonstrated to us on how to do Ikebana by making one herself in front of us. Afterwards it was time for us to start on ours using the materials she prepared for us. She encouraged us to ask as many questions as possible & to ask for help whenever we were stuck on what to do. She made sure our learning space was comfortable for us too. When we were finished with our flower arranging, it was feedback session between her and each of us.
We had never had any experience in flower arrangement at all before, but we gained a lot from our session with Ami-san. We now know more about Ikebana and its benefits.
I highly recommend her to anyone wishing to learn Ikebana flower arrangement or to those who would like to know a bit more of Japanese culture.

3  Thank Hafizah M
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I enjoyed Ikebana with the instructor, Ami. I learned the basics of ikebana and arranged flowers in a way that I liked.
I got to know the people who was interested in ikebana. We had small talks after the ikebana class over some tea. I felt it the very traditional Japanese culture that still continue till present.

3  Thank tuttitti
Reviewed May 4, 2014

The image forms in your mind. Beautiful sounds of water, seasonal flowers and the authentic Japanese garden at historical house...

My awesome ikebana experience with Ami was educational, peaceful and unforgettable. It was real Japanese traditional moment.
Definitely worth experiencing.