Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from $44.82
from $128.05
from $89.64
1,887 results
All reviews in advance ghibli museum gift shop short film cat bus hayao miyazaki buy tickets train station magical experience travel agent dream come true convenience store three months central tokyo per day time slot straw hat
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

For my experience, it was hell. The ticketing process was very not easy. I purchased a booking and thought that you could use QR code like everywhere else, but no. I was already at the museum gate, but they told me to go redeem the ticket at Narita airport. ARE YOU KIDDING??? Staff members were giving no help and did not try to communicate either. It was hell cold and rainy that day. Tickets are expensive and I could not get in nor a refund.

Date of experience: January 2020
1  Thank suchab2020
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We just came back from Japan trip with our 9 year old boy,l and the Ghibli museum was truly a highlight of our trip. We are so glad that it was possible to go there! Definitely if you are going there know that advance tickets are MANDATORY - we booked several months in advance through Voyagin, which charges a premium for the service but our time was limited and we were able to get tickets, which is actually a feat. So consider Voyagin. OR, an architectural tour of Tokyo which includes the Ghibli museum (on our days there was no tour option, so Voyagin it was!) The architectural and design elements of this museum will blow you mind, everything is so perfect and beautiful and at the same time sweet and funny and fun. Our little boy LOVED it, as did we. We also had a delicious barley tea latte in the adorable courtyard, and it was delicious and perfect on an otherwise cold day. Go early as amazingly even with advanced tickets and restricted access, etc. there was a long but well managed cue for us. We took taxi from train station and then walked back which was easy.

1  Thank heatherbG3306EJ
Reviewed January 14, 2020 via mobile

I’ve been dying to come here since I was 9 years old when brother went there and oh my gosh I did not disappoint!

The tickets are HARD to get so do some research into them in advance (far in advance). We had best luck with the Lawson website.

The museum was so lovely and charming. It’s a small museum but tons to see. I adored how there are lots of things for children to see like hidden tiny doors close to the floor and fun little mirrors. These were lovely little additions. Having said this, the exhibitions are more targeted at adults but obviously the little details make it great for all.

The straw hat cafe is also lovely!

2  Thank Ginny D
Reviewed January 13, 2020

The girl I went with to the museum is a big Ghibli fan, so I thought I'd invite her to this museum. Turned out great, as it's both interesting and engaging, plus, the park in the neighborhood makes for a good place for a relaxed stroll before or afterwards.
Can't wait for the announced Ghibli Park to be opened in a couple of years!

Reviewed January 11, 2020

We only had a few days in Tokyo. And one of the MUST do for my family is to come visit this legendary Ghibli world that has filled up my kids' grown up fantasy with the animation and the music.
Well, I will say that it's really worth the visit thought Mitaka was quite a distance away from Chuo Ku area that we stayed in.
The full display of how meticulous and thoughts have been gone in to create the world famous anime characters was really amazing. One can admire at all the artwork that was being put in to create those scenes and characters.
I would recommend those who have been touched by Ghibli to at least visit this museum.