TripAdvisor

Reviewed September 6, 2019
sjschaef
Canton, Michigan
via mobile

All reviews mt fuji day hike next morning bucket list mountain hut excellent trip coming down train station eri climb richard sunrise typhoon onsen pace huts hiking
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2019

We really appreciated the help we received from Richard after coming down from our hike up Mt Fuji just before Typhoon Faxai hit Tokyo. He gave us timely updates that enabled us to come to a decision to consider taking an earlier flight back to avoid the storm. Because Richard was conversant in Japanese, he was able to assist us by contacting the airline and even secured a re-scheduling for us by phone in Japanese. He then helped us to secure a passage to the airport at short notice and at a good price. We are truly grateful that Richard was around to assist us through this critical process of decision making and execution. We are back home safe and sound to the relief of our loved ones. Thanks, Richard!

Date of experience: September 2019
Trip-Adventures, Owner at My Tokyo Guide - Japan Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2019

Dear Julian

Thank you for the positive comments.

Glad I was able to help you avoided the Typhoon and the delays caused by the Typhoon.

That was a good move to change to an earlier flight as the Typhoon caused quite a mess
around Tokyo causing long flight delays as well as the closing of all trains lines and the Tomei highway.

Pleased to hear you returned safely back to Singapore.

Best Regards
Richard

Reviewed September 6, 2019 via mobile

What a great company. The tour started when we were picked up from the train station and dropped off at 5th station and met our guide (Daisuke) who was great through the 2 day tour. We hiked all the way up to nine station at a good pace. We then summitted the next morning at 3:30 AM arriving with plenty of time to see sunrise. Daisuke even took us on a side hike when we made it down to 6th station as we were keeping a good decent pace.

Highly recommended.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed July 27, 2019

Truly a great experience for my daughter and I. I recommend that you are in decent shape and practice hiking long distances and climbing, to prepare you for the climb, which was more difficult than I expected. But the experience was most enjoyable. Our guide Jack, was wonderful. He prepared us for the climb and guided us through each station. We spent the night at the 8th station were we were greeted by a great staff who had a warm meal and bed for us to relax before the final climb to see the sunrise at the 9th station. The descent was faster than the climb, but you must be careful not to slip on the gravel. The fellow climber were also very friendly and helpful. The tour guide company was very helpful and communicated with me on every question I had quickly via email. Definitely one check off my bucket list.

Date of experience: July 2019
Trip-Adventures, Owner at My Tokyo Guide - Japan Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2019

Dear Tina,

Thank you for your insight into your Mt. Fuji climb. I am sure readers will help this helpful.
Glad you enjoyed your Mt. Fuji Climbing experience with your daughter and Jack as your Guide.

Best Regards
My Tokyo Guide

Reviewed July 8, 2019

Really great experience. It was early in the season, so there was still snow for at least 1/3 of the way up, but that added so much to the mystique of the trip. It was particularly cloudy at the lower altitudes, but once we got above the cloud layer, it was impressive views the rest of the way.

I went in the first 2 weeks of June, and although the temperature was reasonable in town, once getting to elevation additional layers and gloves were very critical. Definitely bring more clothes than you think will be necessary, unless you are a seasoned outdoorsman and truly now what you can handle. Otherwise, even while hiking, you could find yourself very chilly!

Well worth the effort and looking forward to going again!

Date of experience: June 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed June 30, 2019

Our tour guide was excellent, and everything was very well organized. Everyone spoke English. Climbing Fuji would have been much more difficult had we not had our guide. I would definitely book another tour with My Tokyo Guide again!

Date of experience: June 2019