“Love the Matsusaka steak!!”
Review of Steak House Satou

Steak House Satou
Ranked #1 of 1,904 Restaurants in Musashino
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Good for: Romantic
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

I have read a lot of reviews about this small steakhouse in the internet that's why we went to visit. I can honestly say that most of them if not all are correct. You have to order their best steak to know the difference between the regular steaks out there.

Having tried both Kobe and Matsusaka beef, I prefer Matsusaka because it has the balance of that melt in your mouth goodness but doesn't take away the beefy taste.

I would come here around 630 pm when the restaurant is not yet busy because it has limited seats on the 2nd floor which is the dining area.

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

The family had dinner at Steak House Satou. I had the Matsuzaka sirloin done medium rare. The taste was just out of this world. The cost of 10,000 yen was reasonable considering the quality of the beef. The wagyu I ate in Melbourne was nowhere near this quality and cost more. The others had other cuts costing 3000 yen a piece.
Service was impeccable. We left feeling fully satisfied.
A note on the Matsusaka beef for interested readers:
Matsusaka beef (松阪牛 Matsusaka-ushi?, also "Matsuzaka beef") is black-haired wagyū (Japanese beef). also known as Kuroge Washu or "Japanese Black", the cattle come from the Matsusaka region of Mie, Japan. It is one of the most famous beef types within Japan and internationally, with a high fat-to-meat ratio. Within Japan, Matsusaka beef is generally considered one of the three top brands (known as Sandai Wagyuu, "the three big beefs"), along with Kobe beef and Ōmi beef or Yonezawa beef.

1  Thank HpLian
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Normally, I'd have to pay $$$ for good steak but at Steak House Satou, all you need to do is fork out about 2000-2500 yen for an amazing steak meal (cooked tepanyaki style). I am not saying you get 1st grade marbled beef but you get something decent and the beef is cooked very skilfully by the chef. Be ready to queue as this is a really small place but very popular among locals.

1  Thank EJ_Heng
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Followed a friend's recommendation and tracked down this little gem of a restaurant. Tiny, modest-looking place, expect a queue (and a train ride out west of Tokyo centre) but the Matsuzaka beef was the best steak we had ever tasted. Cuts like butter, melts in the mouth. Served medium, it was tender and juicy, never tasted anything like it. You don't get very much for your 10k yen apiece, but this was a must-do on a special trip from UK. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Nancy D
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My friend took us to this small restaurant saying that this one in Musashino-shi is much cheaper than the new branch in Ginza area. We took an express train there from Shibuya area. From the train station we crossed the street and bear left and walked about two blocks via an alley way. The restaurant also own the butcher store on the ground floor and there is also a very famous fried stuffed beef balls below.

We arrived at about 12 noon and the small restaurant was already packed and people were lining up on the stairs. We waited for about 30 minutes for our tables. Turnover seems to be brisk. When we were seated, we were told the most expensive steaks were not available. I was happy with the second choice which is cheaper and one level below the top grade. The steak was buttery and soft. It was excellent! They cooked it perfectly, as I ordered medium, and served together with a small salad, Japanese rice and soup. The Japanese rice was also very good and one could asked for refill which I did.

While we were eating another line was forming down the step. There seems to be a lot of foreign tourists who ate in Satou too. It is definitely a must visit restaurant in Tokyo for the price and steak quality.

1  Thank kesilo