“Do you miss Santa Sushi near Yokota?”
Review of Tobuki Sushichu

Tobuki Sushichu
Ranked #6 of 2,670 Restaurants in Hachioji
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Kaiseki (multi-course) style specializing in high quality sushi. Seasonal menu with locally grown vegetables.
Reviewed July 18, 2015

This place is better. There is Japanese food and Japanese cuisine...Sushi-chu offers the latter - to the maximum delicious degree. Prices are reasonable, the staff is learning English to serve their customers, and the atmosphere is cozy and relaxing. You can order from their set menu, or create your own experience by ordering a la carte. The restaurant is family-run and family-friendly (kids can even roll their own sushi). Sushi-chu delivers on taste, freshness, presentation - and most importantly, a welcoming staff. Arrive with cash (yen) and park next to the building on the West side.

Date of visit: July 2015
5  Thank Malteserzz

Reviewed May 9, 2015 via mobile

We had the most lovely dinner here! The set menu was absolutely delicious and unique - very reasonably priced with several different courses. We left full and happy after one of the best meals we've had in Japan. A lot of thought and care went into not only the flavors, but presentation as well. The chef and his wife were very friendly and welcoming - both came to speak with us, making the evening truly special. We will be back many times!

3  Thank Jane D
Reviewed February 19, 2015

Sushichu is oishi! My husband and I went with a group of new found friends and enjoyed every bit of good conversation, good ambiance, superb customer service (attention and care), and food. This was my second introduction to Kaiseki style and I find this style to be equally delicious as it is artistically beautiful, elegant, and entertaining. Entertaining? Yes, I like the anticipation of waiting and wanting to know what smells so good, looks so pretty, or foreign and then DIVE RIGHT IN! Sushichu is great and I recommend this place for simple eating or a great social outing.

Date of visit: November 2014
4  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed January 26, 2015

My husband and I went here for dinner, and I have to say, we were not expecting the experience we were given by the entire staff of Sushi Chu. We both ordered the dinner set, and we were not only pleased with the variety of foods we were given, but also by the presentation and the extremely welcoming and warm feeling the staff poured over us. We were so surprised by the amount of food we were given; it seemed like the courses were never-ending!

The restaurant is run by the father, who is the sushi chef, and his son is the master of the pastries and side dishes. The father selects only the best fish for his sushi, and he always had a smile on his face while preparing our sushi. His son recommended sake for my husband based on his taste preference. The dessert was also incredible! Fresh pineapple mousse and creme brûlée! Yum!

Both the mother and the son's wife work as servers and greeters. Such an endearing family, and they really enjoyed speaking English with us. They even took us back into the kitchen and showed us the very traditional and unique way they cook their rice. It's apparent that the quality of their food is one of the top priorities at Sushi Chu. We can't wait to go back!

Date of visit: December 2014
4  Thank Joy F
Reviewed January 9, 2015 via mobile

Friends introduced us to this restaurant recently. The owner and his wife run the restaurant with the father and mother. Truly friendly and sweet family! They really want you to have the best experience possible! The food is remarkable!! First visit we went for dinner. We all had the course set and it was so delicious!! 3000¥ and you got like 7 courses - Super impressive! Today my husband and I went for lunch to have sushi and it was AMAZING! True masters of the craft! Such fresh and delicate fish - incredible! Will take all friends here! Highly highly recommended!! Best sushi in area!

5  Thank Stefanie A