“bland food”

Agra Tandoori Coningsby
Ranked #8 of 8 Restaurants in Coningsby
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a modern indian restuarant offering dine in or takeway services.Open 7 days a week from 5:00pm to 11:15pm. We are are open lunchtimes also from 12.00 to 1.45pm. We are open bank holidays except christmas day. We accept all debit and credit cards. Food hygine rating 5 star.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“bland food”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

went here after arriving home from holiday. always wanted to try it since moving here nearly 3 years ago. However, won't be going back. The food (we ordered mixed byriani) was tasteless and dry and tasted warmed up. The service was mediocre and we had a bit of a wait for my husbands started. On being seated we were asked if we wanted popadoms and we said yes but didn't realise they were paid for separately which in the end we didn't mind too much but also charged us for the pickles which we didn't realise until we got our bill.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Moira A

“Great food, great price, average service”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I are regulars at this restaurant, either dining in or taking away. Food is always superb (I would highly recommend the starter mossala dossa and the butter chicken for main). As with most Indians they are a but pricey but the quality of the food reflects the price. Service is a bit hit or miss. Not rude or anything like that but just not always the most helpful. Would definately recommend to people in the area though

• Visited September 2013
Pembroke Dock, United Kingdom
“A very good effort”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I liked the sound of many of the reviews left for the Agra and we were not let down by the best of them. We had reserved a table on a Friday evening and sat just inside the front door, to the left. The position was fine and we were greeted on arrival promptly and courteously. We ordered some drinks and were enjoying the choice on the menu. Some reviews had referred to the generous size of portions but we were still suprised by exactly how well we were fed! One nice thing was that, on ordering a Martini Rosso, I actually received one; often, I end up with a Martini Bianco.

Anyway, to the food. We had the ubiquitous poppadom and sauces which were fine. Then, for the main course we had Tandoori Mixed Grill which came with rice and a naan bread, and a House Special Biryani with the usual side order of vegetable curry. Both portions were huge, each better suited to sharing! But it was good quality all round. On the (further) drinks side we ordered a bottle of Pinot Negro which, at an ABV of 13.5%, was very strong, so strong that we felt increasingly tiddled and, although we had wanted to make a night of it, we headed home and went to bed soon afterwards! With such large main course portions, neither could we manage a pudding, which was a shame. I do wish that ABVs were listed alongside the wine descriptions.

Weirdly, one of the negatives was also a positive..the size of the main course portions. The other negative was pretty much out of the control of the restaurant, that of the behaviour of an adjacent table which, unbeknownst to them, regaled us with loud tails of previous inebriation, sicked up meals and sexual adventures. By the time we left the restaurant they were getting ramped up for "a great night". Time to go...! The other negative (and we appreciate that judging people's needs is difficult) was that the waiters were slightly too attentive. Just one check during the main course is fine.

Thanks, Agra, for a very nice meal. We will look to return when next in Coningsby.

Visited August 2013
lincolnshire
“Always good food”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is our local Indian restaurant which we visit at least once or twice a month . The food is always hot tasty and plentiful .the restaurant interior is clean and modern. Service is always very good. You can always get a table mid week but I'd advice booking for a fri/sat evening.

• Visited August 2013
“Awful service”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Decided to go here for my husbands birthday , After having a takeaway from here on our previous visit to Tattershall . The restaurant was fairly quite for a Thursday evening and very hot inside , we had a table near the window and my husband opened the window to let some air in , within 20 seconds a waiter came over and closed the window saying the air con was on , which was a small unit on the ceiling just blowing out warm air , it was unbearable, so my husband opened the window again , they were not happy about this at all . We felt very uncomfortable , a waiter was staring at us constantly , the food Is fine , but I can definitely say I have never been to an Indian restaurant were the service is so bad . Would NOT return or have a takeaway from here again

• Visited July 2013