Raheen Woods Hotel
$115
McDonaghs B&B(Athenry)
$92
Maldron Hotel Galway(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
$123
$119
Orbitz.com
Oranmore Lodge Hotel(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
$143
$106
The Coach House Hotel(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
$62
$129
Clayton Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
$156
$150
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsraheen woodswedding venuegalway cityleisure centrebar foodwedding receptionlovely hotelwedding gueststop classreception stafflounge areafunction roomlittle thingstrain stationfrom start to finishlast weekendlester
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is rated as a 3 star but I must admit I'm surprised its not a 4 star. The hotel is located on the outskirts of loughrea. There is ample parking. The check in was quick. I was asked to prepay in cash. I don't particularly like when I'm asked to do this. I'd like to receive a service before I have to pay for it. They had my credit card details on file from my reservation so I was hardly going to do a runner! Anyway the room was lovely and the decor modern. There was a rather large mark on the mirror in the room which I assume house keeping missed. Also no tissues in the bathroom and the guest information booklet was a bit on the skinny side with very little information in it! All very minor complaints which could easily be rectified and would in no way put me off staying again. Overall its a good hotel, clean, modern and friendly staff. Breakfast was good and check out quick.

• Stayed: September 2013
RaheenWdsMD, Director of Sales at Raheen Woods Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear lisalefteye,

Thank you for your recent review of our property Raheen Woods Hotel and appreciate your comments on the prepay policy which is for the room rate only and does'nt include of course extras incurred. On behalf of the hotel, thank you for choosing to stay with us and hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights and staff were friendly and helpful.
On our last morning we were given reheated bacon that was impossible to cut through--it was served to us in less than 2 minutes after placing order--horrible.Why do you not provide skimmed milk --each time I asked I was told it was not available.The mezzanine area needs hoovering as the same dead flies were on the ground throughout our stay.The seating in the reception/bar area is so uncomfortable but looks the part.This hotel has no character and is soulless.I was in a balcony room which was too hot---could vents not be placed above balcony door to allow some ventilation? I would not stay here again and regret not staying at a better but more reasonable priced hotel in Galway.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank deshie
RaheenWdsMD, Director of Sales at Raheen Woods Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear deshie,

Following your recent review, the management and staff have discussed at length your visit with us and no one can recall you or your party having any issues at all in fact on the contrary, many of the staff can remember nothing more than positive interaction! If you had issues, you could easily have brought them up with our management who are always on hand and your grievance would have been dealt with in a professional manner. The management and staff are very disappointed with your review and also your friends review and if you read our reviews of the past you will note excellent feedback most of the time. I'm not saying we're perfect, but we try very hard to give a good experience and we do that the majority of the time. In relation to dead flies on the mezzanine, we are situated in the country and there is a farm literally across the road with 100 sheep grazing which makes for a lovely natural view of rural Ireland. With this type of environment at our doorstep, we cannot control natures call. We pride ourselves on our housekeeping and can fully testify to that with awards from the IASI 2012 and 2013 from which we won a golf merit.
In summary, as a hotel we are here to serve the customer and provide a product and service and we fully welcome engagement if there is a grievance. Unfortunately that opportunity has now passed leaving only web based interaction.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed in this hotel last weekend for a friends Wedding. Met a lovely lady at reception who was chatty, helpful and very pleasant to deal with. Our room was lovely, spacious and spotless. Staff were all lovely to deal with even at 3am when I am sure they would have been happy to be going home. Food was excellent and service could not be faulted. Breakfast served on Sunday morning until 11am which was brilliant with plenty of choice and anything that was not on display staff were happy to help in getting what was wanted. A very pleasant experience and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. Just one small thing and this is something that seems to be with most hotels, the heat in the room at night was very warm, we couldn't leave a window open as it was blowing a storm and lashing rain on the night, even tho we had been blessed with a beautiful day for the wedding :-)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
RaheenWdsMD, Director of Sales at Raheen Woods Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear joannoel,

Thank you so much for your thorough review which really did highlight your full visit to us here which is very important in the context of writing reviews. On behalf of the Hotel we're delighted you had an enjoyable stay and hope you will return again in the future. Thank you also for highlighting the heating which obviously for your room was too high and we will certainly examine that.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Excellent food, very helpful staff, spacious comfortable room.
Beautiful Spa, had a very relaxing treatment and a very helpful Therapist
Overall a very enjoyable experience, would use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Book a balcony room if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank eithne h h

Dear eithne hh,

Thank you so much for your "Super Stay" review of Raheen Woods Hotel recently which is greatly appreciated. We look forward to you returning in the near future and please tell your friends about us here!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed at the Raheen Woods Hotel recently and we were very dissapointed with the Hotel overall. The Room was very cold and very basic with no tissue box and soap and shampoo from a wall dispencer, I expect this from a 2 Star Hotel not a 4 Star ?? come on guys. We asked twice for heat to be put on but alas no heat was forthcoming. We had a Table booked in the Restaurant but were informed on our way in to the Restaurant that a Funeral had taken over the Restaurant and Guests were seated in a Room off the Bar ?? The Food I have to say was very good and the Staff very helpful but the Hotel overall not up to our Standards. Will not be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
RaheenWdsMD, Director of Sales at Raheen Woods Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Sean T,

Firstly, on behalf of the hotel I'd like to apologize for the heating issue on the night. We had a problem with the heating in your section of the hotel that night however there were no other complaints as it was a balmy enough evening. In relation to your room, I am not sure why there was no soap or tissues but that could have been rectified swiftly if we had received a call from you however I am not sure if you made this call when you asked for the heating to be turned on? In relation to your restaurant reservation, as you will have discovered we had a large local family funeral that same day whom are friends of the owners of Raheen Wood Hotel. It would have been inappropriate to have you in the restaurant on such an occasion as you can I'm sure appreciate, hence we reserved a table for you in our "private dining room" which is called The Snug which you access via the bar. I'm delighted however that you had an enjoyable meal and your compliments to the staff are appreciated. You do mention that the overall Hotel is not up to your standards but we are not sure if your critique merits this statement as you mention very little else!

Sincerely yours,