“What a gem”
Review of Raheen Woods Hotel

Raheen Woods Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Athenry
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My wife and i have just had a two day break last week in this hotel and must say that we found it a most rewarding experience from the moment we drove into the immaculate grounds with lots of parking to the reception where you are greeted warmly and to all the staff who are one of your greatest assets, all of which are polite ,charming and really efficient many thanks for a most relaxing stay in a wonderful hotel in every respect.

Room Tip: 106 nice room with balcony and looking out to front of hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 17, 2012

My wife and I had the very great pleasure of staying in this hotel last week.First my compliments to all the team, from Majella, Miah and Josephine at front desk, Majella has a smile in her voice, to David and Paddy in the bar, to the kitchen staff for producing excellent food, the chowder is the best in Ireland, to housekeeping for clean rooms and fresh towel, the leisure area is top notch.Breakfast was well catered by Detta.We had a great week and will be back.3 star hotel,5 star performance.

Room Tip: room110 is very quiet with nice view of gardens.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012

From the moment we got engaged, I knew that I wanted something a little different when it came to the style/theme of my wedding-I wanted a vintage/rustic theme.

We started to look at Wedding hotels around Galway but nothing was fitting the picture I had in my head of my dream day.

The Raheen Woods Hotel was recommended to me by someone I knew and as soon as we met Frances and had seen the beautiful hotel and surroundings I knew that this was the hotel for our wedding.

Frances made it seem like nothing was impossible and for sure our expectations were met in everyway even though some of my requests were a little different and crazy. As I was having a rustic/vintage theme I wanted to use my own decoration and put my own stamp on the reception room to tie in with my theme. The hotel staff were wonderful, Frank and especially Frances who couldn’t have done enough to help assist us with everything in the run up to our big day.

On our wedding day, when I actually saw the room, I nearly cried, as I didn’t think it was possible to achieve exactly the dream picture I had in my head of how I wanted the room to look. Such great attention to detail was paid by the hotel staff to make sure everything was perfect and exactly how I wanted.

On a personal note, Frances was wonderful on my wedding day…not knowing where my overnight bag was and in desperate need to freshen up; she had a little bottle of deodorant within minutes and even perfume. It was such a personal touch.

The food at our wedding was exceptional, our friends and family are still talking about it. Our guests also commented on the staff, that they were so helpful in a very personal but professional way, little things from taking photos at tables to driving guests back to their B&B’s in the early hours of the morning.

We also stayed in the hotel the next night, along with some of our friends and family. Again the hotel staff and bar staff couldn’t have done enough for us especially Paddy, who was so helpful and efficient. Also a very special effort was made to bring my theme into the decoration of the tables in the bar the second night, which was not something I requested. Without me even thinking of it, they brought out all my wedding centerpieces, candles, flowers etc. again to our area in the bar where we had fabulous food and even our own speaker for our iPod and a microphone. They even had my guest book left out again for people to sign.

As much as I have tried, it is really hard to put into words how wonderful our weekend was in the Raheen Woods Hotel. All the hotel staff work together so well and are such a team. They really made us feel so special and have given us the most wonderful memories of our dream day.

My friends described it as the nicest hotel they ever stayed in and one of the best weekends of their lives. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone’s wedding as they go above and beyond to make your day the very best! Thank you so much to Frances, Frank, Paddy and Lester and all the staff at the Raheen Woods Hotel.

Bernie & Brian Kavanagh

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bernie K
RaheenWoodsGM, General Manager at Raheen Woods Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Hi Bernie K,

What a super review. I am so glad that you had the Wedding of your Dreams. Our team try really hard to ensure that all our guests have the best stay with us here.

Frances was delighted with your kind comments, and was genuinely honored to have been part of your Wedding Weekend.,

I will pass your comments on to all the staff, and look forward to seeing you both soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My wife & I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel last week end and could not speak highly enough of our experience.
From the moment that we arrived at reception we were welcomed with by charming polite staff. Our rooms were top class and meals served promptly and with a pleasant manner.
We will return and also recommend to our friends
Denis & Kay

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Denis and Kay,

So glad you had a brilliant weekend. The Conway Family are a pleasure to deal with, and are part of our valued family here at Raheen Woods.

Don't be a stranger, see you soon when you're back in Athenry.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at Raheen Woods Hotel for four nights in August 2012 and were very impressed by its facilities and general atmosphere of friendliness from all the staff.
Our rooms were comfortable, spacious and warm, which was awkward as the weather was heavy and close. Luckily, we had two opening windows so could 'tailor' the room temperature to suit us. Delivery and collection of luggage at both ends of our stay was speedily and accurately achieved; cleaners were exceptional in dealing with unexpected accidents; reception staff were informative and attentive ito all queries; we had a 'last night' quiz, set by the owner of the hotel (our team didn't win, but I won't hold that against him!) and it was a very good night.
All in all, a lovely, memorable holiday which will be talked about for many years to come in our family. Already planning to visit Ireland again next year for a re-run.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Hi CarrieBeca,

It was our pleasure hosting your group here at Raheen Woods. I will pass your comments to Housekeeping and all the other staff.

Lester loves doing the Quiz, and is looking forward to the next one......;-))

Regards,

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I recently stayed at Raheen Woods Hotel for 2 nights while attending a family wedding reception. The staff were very polite, friendly, welcoming and efficient. The meals were excellent and beautifully presented and the breakfast selection was ample and varied. The building, while relatively modern, has a contemporary charm within and is tastefully decorated and comfortably furnished. The bedroom was clean & comfortable and the bathroom shower was large and spotless. My room had a large shared balcony which allowed a good view of the beautifully landscaped grounds. The gardens are bordered by mature trees which create a private and secluded atmosphere and the shrubberies and lawns are expertly tended. Parking spaces are plentiful and for those who wish to protect their vehicles from the elements there is even a large basement car park - an unusual feature in a country hotel. I did not avail of the spa/fitness centre but have no doubt that the facilities there would match the excellent stanard elsewhere throughout the building. This hotel is only a couple of minutes drive from the M6 motorway yet there is no sight nor sound of traffic, is within walking distance of the bustling town of Athenry yet has a quiet country feel, is accessible by train from Athenry station which is on the main Dublin/Galway line and is within a half an hour drive to the vibrant and charming city of Galway. All in all I had a very enjoyable stay at this lovely hotel and the attentiveness and professionalism of the charming staff added to the pleasurable experience.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony have a nice garden view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Larry_K323

Hi Larry,

It is good to see that some of our guests actually get a chance to make the most of our gardens and appreciate our floral endeavors. Maria and Gerry will be chuffed to get accolades for their tireless efforts year round.

Hopefully we will see you in Athenry, in the not too distant future.

Frank Corby

Reviewed August 4, 2012

This is a gem of a hotel, comfortable, warm and friendly. The staff are excellent, the breakfast was lovely and the bed was very very comfortable. I loved this place. I cannot praise the staff highly enough, from the reception staff, restaurant staff, bar staff and the cleaning staff we were made to feel welcome and nothing was too much troubl for them. The rooms are a great size and the shower room was great. I cannot wait to go back there and that is very high praise!!

Room Tip: first floor rooms are nice and quiet
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank RoscommonTony
Also consider these accommodations in or near Athenry
The Twelve Hotel
#2 of 5 in Oranmore
Meadow Court Hotel
Meadow Court Hotel
#2 of 3 in Loughrea

Been to Raheen Woods Hotel? Share your experiences!