“Fabulous Food and Ambience!”

The Old Barracks Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Athenry
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bistro - Bakery - Catering Set in the historical walled town of Athenry, The Old Barracks serves the finest in locally sourced produce in our award winning venue. Open for Breakfast, Lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The home of great food & flavour in Athenry!
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Iv'e been to the Old Barracks for Breakfast Lunch and Dinner on numerous occasions. Fabulous food and always lovely atmosphere.

3  Thank Erin D
Djcharlie2011, Owner at The Old Barracks Restaurant & Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2014

Thankyou for your lovely review. So glad you like our restaurant !!

There are newer reviews for The Old Barracks Restaurant & Bakery

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I am a frequent customer to the old barracks. I visit this restaurant at least once a week either for breakfast or lunch and each time i am always impressed.
Each and every time food is consistently delicious which is rare.. Staff are excellent and always friendly and accommodating.I have and will continue to recommend this restaurant to others. Keep up the great work!!!

2  Thank shellyclare

Thankyou Shellyclare, It makes all the hard work put in by our team worth the effort. We appreciate the lovely review....!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Had a wonderful "pot" of real tea and gorgeous home made scone. Everything in the cafe looked delicious.

2  Thank chesterholm
Reviewed July 25, 2014

What a gem of a place. I was so impressed when I was here last year, I had to come back and I was not disappointed, it even excelled. The staff are so friendly, kind and knowledgeable and nothing is a problem, the setting is really quite quaint as it is a pantry. We had mixed starters of loaded potatoes skins, duck spring rolls, soda bread, absolutely fantastic and so tasty. The Angus burger was pure perfection from the quality of meat to the cooking, it was so moist, it would melt in your mouth. We were in a crowd of 6, so from steaks to different fish dishes you could not fault it, the portions, presentation, style, substance and delicious taste made for a really special evening where the atmosphere also added to the occasion, how lovely to go somewhere and they get it right! Looking forward to my next visit to Athenry and to the Old Barracks especially, well done and thanks

2  Thank Chris B
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stopped in athenry yesterday for lunch and discovered The Old Barracks. The moment you step inside the door, you can smell the delicious food and feel the relaxing atmosphere. The menu is super and suited everyone's tastes. I cannot praise the chef highly enough as my dinner was the nicest I've ever tasted. Prices are very reasonable. The girls serving us were happy and helpful. A perfect gem of a restaurant that I would love to visit again.

2  Thank lindeva