“re: Excellent food and great service”

New Park Hotel Bistro
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Athenry
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Athenry's Boutique Hotel and Home of Good FoodThe New Park Hotel, located in the historic town of Athenry, Co Galway is a renowned Boutique Hotel with a terrific reputation for hospitality and great food. The family run hotel which first opened in 1994 has recently been renovated and we would love to welcome you as our guests to enjoy our Park Bar and Parlour Bistro or why not stay over in our newly renovated bedrooms. We are also the perfect host for your party and we can comfortably take care of 120 guests.
San Antonio, Texas
“re: Excellent food and great service”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Considering going back the next night! Great place to eat. Friendly service!

• Visited August 2011

Galway, Ireland
“Great food at this hotel”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Booked the Newpark recently for a family function. The food here is super and way ahead of any other establishment in the town of Athenry. Always served with a smile & not long to wait either. The bar area has a lovely homely atmosphere. This place is usually busy with food so that is a good sign that the patrons are happy to dine here. The staff at the newpark are very accomodating. If anyone reading this is ever in Athenry. Be sure and visit. You wont regret it

• Visited April 2012
“Stunning grub in this place!”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I was on my way back to Dublin from Galway and popped into the New Park Hotel for dinner with my partner and have to say that it was well worth the stop. It was recommend to me by a friend of mine who regularly visits the New Park when he is in Athenry or close by. The starter, main course and desert was only fabulous while the waitress that looked after us couldn't do enough for us. I would certinally recommend the New Park Hotel for a good feed and Athenry is very close to the motorway only about 2.5klms from the motorway. Can't wait to be in Galway again to call here on my way back.

Dublin
“Food glorious food in the special tea rooms!”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I have stopped here a number of times on my way home from dublin and have never been disappointed so with that in mind I parked outside again last Saturday. A christening party were duly celebrating in the main bar so the friendly waitress told us we could either eat in the restaurant or the tea rooms. Just one look at the tea rooms and our mind was made up! The attention to detail,the china cups, the layout, the ambience, pure indulgence! Down to business with the food, it surpassed expectations, smoked chicken pasta was fabulous with my sister having another tasty dish. We could have had so many desserts but decided on strawberry and apple crumble with custard! Yum yum! This place is consistent no matter what time of the day you stop. It might not look terribly appealing outside but give it a chance. Once you are inside the doors, the decor, the staff and the food make sure you were not sorry for stopping! Well done! Looking forward to my next stop already!

1 Thank Hilary1976
Ireland
“Only go there if you want to waste your money”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

What a disappointment! During my travels to Ireland we stopped for lunch but I have to say this Hotel gave me a very bad impression of the Irish Hospitality - unfriendly staff, food below average and a cold uninviting atmosphere. Waste some of my hard earned cash and 2 hours of my visit to Ireland!!

3 Thank 2Henny2