“There really is no better...”
Review of The Olive Tree Restaurant - CLOSED

The Olive Tree Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This restaurant is only open for Saturday and Sunday lunches (and breakfast on the Sunday) and we called in with no booking last Sunday for lunch. Well it was faultless. The food was great - my wife had spatchcock and I had the duck - both were to die for. In fact better cooked and presented than any other place we have been. Andy, the proprietor and chef, should be complimented.

A good selection of wines, by bottle and glass, and a very neat bit of marketing when we got the bill - a voucher entitling us, as diners, one free bottle for every 6 we bought at the cellar door. The one we went for was the 2010 Langhorne Creek Shiraz which we had at lunch - a top drop!

The setting is essentially 'under the wide eaves' overlooking the vineyard. Our day was perfect but there are wind down blinds I think should the weather become inclement.

It won't be long before we go back....

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I held my son's 21st in the Cellar room at The Olive Tree Restaurant. Everything was outstanding! I was in awe of how amazing the setting was, the service and the food. Booking the venue was a breeze. A massive thank you to Janet, Dimitri (I hope that is correct), Stephanie, the Chef (I missed his name, sorry) and all the staff. I couldn't have found a better place! Thank you xoxo

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

we ate here for lunch. the zucchini flowers were row highlight of the meal. they were out of snapper and swerved barramundi instead. it was tasteless and the croquet were not appetizing and were soggy. dessert was still frozen in the middle!! staff probably realised we did not like the fish as we did not eat much but didn't ask us what the issue was.

the grounds are lovely. but I don't think I'll be going back when there are so many lovely places to dine elsewhere.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We own the Table Guest house in Greta, and have had the pleasure of not only being minutes away from Wyndham estate and the Olive Tree restaurant, but have been recommending
the Olive tree for lunch Saturday & Sundays to our guests and am very pleased that all our guests have enjoyed the food , the ambiance and the service as much as we do.
Also being at Wyndham you naturally get a great choice of beautiful hunter wines.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Our group of 14 arrived late (we'd called ahead to warn Janet and her team) and were cordially welcomed and forgiven! Our dining experience was extraordinary. Janet, our charming and gracious host, was warm and attentive and our invaluable sommelier. All wait staff were courteous and friendly and the food and wines were exceptional. A true 5-star experience sans the expected 5-star price tag. Our experience was unforgettable and one we will be telling friends about for many months to come.

1  Thank CanberraTraveluva