“Impeccable”
Review of Deveron Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Turriff
Deveron Lodge
Ranked #3 of 6 Turriff B&B and Inns
Bangor, North Wales
“Impeccable”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

After cycling 50 damp miles from Aberdeen on the first day of our family cycling holiday, it was lovely to get a warm welcome from Neil and Sally. They advised us on places to eat, and it's only a few minutes walk into the pleasant small town of Turriff, where the recommended Indian restaurant didn't disappoint. A safe place for the bikes and a quiet comfortable night's sleep followed by a good breakfast, and were were all set for the next day's ride.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Scottish_Hosteller
deveronlodge, Owner at Deveron Lodge, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Many thanks for your very kind comments. As we are on the number 1 cycle trail we have quite a few cyclists visit us, either on their way to Aberdeen or in the opposite direction to Inverness. We try to make them welcome and give them the opportunity to relax. We are fortunate to have a very good Indian Restaurant in Turriff, which helps as there are limited eating places in the town.

We are glad you enjoyed your brief visit and we would be pleased to welcome you back at any time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed July 8, 2012

During a visit from Australia in May and June 2012, I stayed with Sally and Neil for 10 nights over 3 separate occasions and I cannot praise their hospitality too highly.

On the first visit, I was greeted like I was the most important guest they would have. My room was ideal, always spotlessly clean and with a most comfortable bed. It was a delight to go to breakfast each morning in the airy and light dining room with a very nice view over Turriff.

A real bonus for me (travelling for over a month) was that Sally very kindly did some washing for me.

When next in Scotland (hopefully not too far away), I will undoubtedly again use Deveron Lodge as the base for my travels around the North East.

Thank you Sally and Neil - you were more than just wonderful hosts; you became good friends.

Rob from Canberra

PS: The marmalade with the dash of Islay malt is something special.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
, Owner at Deveron Lodge, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thanks Robb. Great to hear from you and very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay here.

Robb is a very friendly and unique guy who came to the North East of Scotland to research and meet distant relatives. He is just one of those guests who are no trouble at all and we would welcome him back anytime. Next time bring the family.

Good on yer cobber.
Wadebridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Forget hauling your bags up narrow stairs to a cramped, cheaply decorated room in a B&B run by an indifferent owner with the prospect of an indifferent breakfast to come – you’ve now arrived at Deveron Lodge!

The first impression is of a neat property fronted by ample parking and, a warm welcome from Sally. The hall is light, airy and roomy with a view into the dining room (of which more later) – and our room was spacious with a very comfortable bed and an excellent sitting area with a small table, two easy chairs and a desk. Both room and the en suite facility were immaculate and of excellent quality and the only feature the room lacked, always on my wish list, is a flat screen TV, rather than the older model in the room – although there were comprehensive instructions for operating the TV and Freeview box – something which many establishments leave one to figure out!

Breakfast is served in a roomy, light and airy dining room which is of a size to allow for as much privacy as one would wish – although it was still nice to chat to another visitor, whose distance from home (Australia) dwarfed ours (600 miles from Cornwall)! The food and service just could not be faulted. The breakfast was, without doubt, the best quality and best cooked we have ever enjoyed. Although we didn’t take advantage of either, it was also good to see that evening soup and sandwiches (and, during our stay, goulash) are on offer – as is the use of the dining room to eat takeaways.

Bottom line? An example of how guest houses should be run – we can’t wait to return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Deveron Lodge, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your very kind comments. We try to please and we are glad you enjoyed your brief visit to Deveron Lodge. We are in the process of up-dating the TV's and room 4 already has a new flat screen TV. The room you had should be up-dated very soon, hopefully by the time you visit us again.
North Shore City, New Zealand
Reviewed May 19, 2012

This must be the best B&B I have ever stayed in. The bedrooms and bathrooms are modern, spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated. The breakfast was lovely, and as an especially nice bonus I found a place set for my two-year-old with beautiful children's cutlery (real stuff, not the plastic stuff that other places give you) and a lovely children's plate and cup. The owners are most welcoming, and nothing was too much trouble.

Would definitely recommend, and will more than likely be back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
deveronlodge, Owner at Deveron Lodge, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for your very kind comments which we really appreciate. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us as New Zealand is a long way away and somewhere enjoyable to stay makes the long journey more worthwhile.

We hope to see you back here again in the not too distant future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2012

This has excellent rooms with modern bathrooms. The owners are very helpful and really go out of their way for you. The breakfasts are freshly and very well cooked. Fairly uniquely for B & Bs they offer a soup and sandwich in the evening, and you can use the dining room if you bring in a takeaway. This must be one of the best value B & Bs in Aberdeenshire/Moray.

Room Tip: I was surprised how quiet all the rooms were, and never heard people having early breakfasts.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
deveronlodge, Owner at Deveron Lodge, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I wanted to stay a couple of times before writing a review. I travel extensively and frequently throughout Scotland and would be happy to recommend this B&B and have done. My only regret is that on this occasion I had to arrive late and leave early. Having arrived late, Neil met me at the door and made me feel very welcome. My room was very comfortable and clean with a fantastic shower. Neil and Sally are more than helpful and present a fantastic breakfast. I look forward to my return.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
deveronlodge, Owner at Deveron Lodge, responded to this review, March 10, 2012
Many thanks for your kind comments which are really appreciated. We are glad you enjoyed an albeit very short stay and we hope to see you again in the future.
Leeds
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Neil and Sally were both incredibly accommodating in their lovely, clean B&B despite being thoroughly caked in mud (myself and my bike!). I was even offered a lift into the town for my tea, which was most kind.

The breakfast was also worth the price of the stay alone!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
deveronlodge, Owner at Deveron Lodge, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Thank you for your very kind comments. We try to please and I must admit we felt a bit sorry for you, soaking wet, muddy and tired after your cycling here.

You are of course very welcome to return at any time.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turriff
Banff Springs Hotel
Meldrum House Country Hotel & Golf Course
Walkers Inn
Walkers Inn
#2 of 2 in Aberchirder

Been to Deveron Lodge? Share your experiences!