“The most dirty hotel in Greece!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Agionissi Resort

Agionissi Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ammouliani
Thessaloniki, Greece
“The most dirty hotel in Greece!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Do not believe on their web page. It's dirty, old, and nobody cares (the employes are feeling guilty for what the owners offer). We visited the website, we got the reservation for 3 nights, but we left after the first night. I took some photos to show you what to expect. The hotel needs complete renovation. And of course a cleaning team!

Room Tip: The few rooms with nice sea view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
12 Thank DimHa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

We Payed for one room for 4 days but left after 3. Everything was a joke from the reception to the moment after checking out .... Just don't spend your money her you'll be sry....
And fot the love of god dont pay fot the food it's realy bad and acording to allot of the guests and me included can say that a six year old boy whith no experience could cook better than the staff thear

• Stayed September 2012
7 Thank Theo1977sw

Travelers are raving about these Ammouliani hotels

Sofia, Bulgaria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Never go to this hotel,even for free! Very bad food and service,dirty rooms. Only the beach is perfect!Better chose some other place to stay in Ammouliuani.We are giving not more then 2 stars category for the hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank sti4
Athens
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

the hotel -despite being old - is the best choice u can make in the island,along with the Elianthus hotel in the centre of ammouliani.our room had pool and sea view,great sunset at the balcony,paid 90 euros for each night and found it worth it. the sea in front is not that good so we would go to other beaches.we didnt try the food at the hotel since from
other reviews we had read it s not good.dont expect much on term
of amenities,just enjoy the peaceful quiet and sea view!

• Stayed August 2012
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed for two nights in early July. I have traveled a lot in my life and have stayed in numerous hotels and I have to say that the Agionissi did not live up to expectations. The place has a lot of potential but currently just doesn't say much. We arrived on time - 13:00 and were asked to wait in the lounge. After two hours, having to keep asking about the room, we were finally taken to our room with no explanation as to why we had to wait or an apology. While we were waiting, some other guests were screaming at the reception as they couldn't find their bookings - not my problem, but it affects my impression of the hotel. The reception team looked extremely disorganized with member of the team asking each-others what to do - at the end, a lady from housekeeping had to go behind the desk and short everything out.

Our room was ok in terms of size. What I did not appreciate at all was the smell in there - it smelled like an ashtray, while I specifically requested a non smoking room - not a big thing to ask for a quality four star hotel. The managers explanation was that it is not their fault if guests are smoking in their rooms, because they keep telling them they are not allowed to do so... No amenities in the room, but I did notice a small glass jar by the shower with some form of fairy-looking washing up liquid in it. It also smelled like that too. When I asked reception about soap and shampoo - they just said that they use an exclusive ecological liquid which is for the whole body. No sign on it, no explanation in the room...nothing. If it really was an exclusive ecological liquid for the whole body, wouldn't you have a small note somewhere...

Anyway, the A/C was not working - phoned the reception and reported it - they said that they would call someone.

Went to the restaurant for dinner, which was included: 1st course - vegetable soup, 2nd course - pasta, 3rd course potato salad, dessert - jelly. Found it very cheap, although it tasted ok. The waiting staff although polite, were absolutely unprofessional and unskilled. They gave us a dirty table and started serving us on it. Only after I complained they changed the cloths. No salt and pepper on the table - had to ask for it. Ordered a bottle of white wine for 18 euro. The waiter couldn't open it and had to help him - he was polite and apologetic and did not mind about him but PAP Hotels and the Agionissi Management are unacceptable for not ensuring that their restaurant staff can up sell and serve wines, what a shame... The waiter then left the bottle on the table and left. We were not allowed to first "taste" the wine as the normal procedure is - Also no ice bucket - we are talking about basic things here. Finally, after complaining I received an ice bucket, which according to the staff, was being used to polish cutlery and now they need to wait for me to drink my wine before they can continue... Oh god!!!
As I noticed that the potato salad had green beans in it - I did the mistake to ask the waiter what kid of beans they are, as I am allergic to broad beans - the waiter just said that he doesn't know and left. When I asked again, I told him to speak to the Chef. When he came back he said that the Chef is Italian and doesn't understand - he also asked me how "broad beans" is in English. When he eventually asked the Italian Chef - the Chef replied that he cannot remember as he made this salad some time ago. I wasted so much time on this and at the end did not touch the salad. No one came back to speak to me and apologize... absolutely nothing.

In the night time we went to the main part of the island which was nice.

Upon our return at the hotel, I did another mistake - I asked the reception if our A/C was fixed. The man behind the desk said that he doesn't know and that he is not the maintenance man! I just ignored him and went back to the room - thankfully it had been fixed.

Next morning woke up and just enjoyed ourselves away from the hotel, which we used only to sleep. I will never go back to this place and I will never recommend it to anyone. As I said I have been to a lot of places, but this is totally unacceptable for the prices they charge. PAP administration, you need to have a look at this property...honestly...

Room Tip: If you really want to go there, book much in advance and speak with the GM - tell him to ensure that...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Hotel_warlock
Thessaloniki
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

the view is amazing, but their service hasn't improved since last year. it is still good value for money though. could have had better breakfast. they were helpful with the child that we had, they provided a baby bed for him with no extra charge.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is a fantastic, small resort on Amouliani Island. The lovely rooms are built on a hillside and afford terrific views of the beach and the sea. There are three beaches to choose from--two sandy and one rocky--and a huge, non-chlorinated pool. There are also great sunset views from the dining room and outdoor terrace. The half-board option (breakfast, dinner) is the way to go allowing for daytime excursions to local eateries for lunch. The resort food was good but not extraordinary unless you choose a la carte ordering at extra cost. The staff were courteous and helpful. A green policy is in effect--a great idea for any hotel but especially one on an island--so don't expect towel changes every day. Best of all, the price was an incredible bargain. More than worth a return visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a seaside view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Phil A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ammouliani
Alexandros Palace Hotel
Acrotel Elea Village
Acrotel Elea Village
#4 of 44 in Sithonia
Acrotel Athena Pallas Village

Been to Agionissi Resort? Share your experiences!