See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 27, 2016

Hotel Conca Verde is situated in a wonderful place - in the quietness but in short distance from the mountain village Zone. Embraced by majestic mountains where you can hike to tops and enjoy great view. If you want to get to more buzz and to Italian towns then in only 30 minutes drive you are down by the beautiful lake of Lago d'Iseo.
I spent a week at this hotel in the summer of 2015 and it was a very lovely time. We were a group that took day tours with hiking or driving to cities and sailing to the island Monte Isola - all was great :) The staff was very helpful with every detail of our stay and the food was wonderful, a real Italian food of the country side. I can heart fully recommend this hotel - it really gives you energy for both your body and soul :)

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2014

Whilst surrounded by beautiful scenery, and having a quite good restaurant with reasonable prices, we had the misfortune to be there 2 nights ....the hotel had a summer school for children learning English, and neither they or the 3 teachers controlled the noise these children made, or stopped them running around the hotel ( it appears this hotel has regular events like this).
On the second night, a large group arrived, and they helped to make it even more noisy.....
Beds were very hard.

Room tip: We asked for a room change, with a better view of the surrounding mountais, as the original one looked out to the house/ garden opposite...albeit very pleasnt
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2014

This was a very nice hotel, spacious rooms with all the modern comfort, only a few minute walk from the very charming historic centre of the town. Their restaurant serves very nice food for reasonable rates. It’s run by a family, and their daughter was especially helpful to me. Breakfast was also good.
My room had a door leading onto a big terrace – where there are some tables and deckchairs for sunbathing with panoramic views of mountains. I loved it very much.
The hotel was in a good starting point for many nice hiking routes and paths. I enjoyed a lovely walk to a farmhouse Romangelo(about 3km from Conca Verde), with a stunning view of lake and surrounding area, where I enjoyed my pasta lunch. On another day I went to the top of mount Guglielmo(about 2,000 meter high). This was all day trip, so I brought some bread, ham and water with me to eat at the top(seemed there was no place to buy anything on the way or at the top). I wasn’t well-prepared so went with my running trainers, but wished to have worn my better trekking boots with thick socks…The weather wasn’t too good on the day I climbed up there but it would have been spectacular view from the top. Maybe next time.
If you are travelling to Zone by public transport, you can take public bus from Marone, and you can reach Marone by train or boat depending on where you are travelling from. Better check the time table and connection beforehand though, as the services aren’t that frequent.
I really liked this area, for the beautiful scenery, lovely food & wine, and friendly people. I would definitely like to go back there again, and when I do, I will return to this hotel for sure.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed here over new year as we wanted to visit Iseo. The hotel is about 30 mins by car from Iseo and is a beautiful mountain location. There are great views of the lake on the drive up to Zone. Hotel is based through the village of Zone. The room was basic but spotlessly clean. The facilities were fairly standard but for the value you cannot complain. The service was great and we found the staff to be helpful and welcoming.

We will be returning to Iseo later in the year and will definitely consider returning to this hotel.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

A nice cosy little family-run Hotel in a beautiful landscape! First thing I noticed was the comforting fireplace in the lobby!The room was appropriate including the bath. The restaurant had good italian food at a reasonable rate. Everyone was very helpful and welcoming! I had a realy good two days stay. The location is ideal for long hiking tours in the hills and woods on ancient trade routes. I also encountered mystical dwarfs, gnomes and witches. All together I have to say it was very enchanting!

Date of stay: October 2013