See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 21, 2013

A nice cosy little family-run Hotel in a beautiful landscape! First thing I noticed was the comforting fireplace in the lobby!The room was appropriate including the bath. The restaurant had good italian food at a reasonable rate. Everyone was very helpful and welcoming! I had a realy good two days stay. The location is ideal for long hiking tours in the hills and woods on ancient trade routes. I also encountered mystical dwarfs, gnomes and witches. All together I have to say it was very enchanting!

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel itself is fairly standard in terms of interiors and facilities, which fits it compact size. However, the mountain views are quite amazing and diner was good too. Breakfast was OK as it was not that diverse. One thing worth mentioning is that the hotel staff (father and two daughters I believe) were very courteous and helpful. The morning we left the hotel it had snowed a lot (34cm according to the hotel owner) and he personally made sure we left with a clean car on our way back home! If you're visiting Lago d'Iseo, Hotel Conca Verde is definitely worth considering.

Room tip: If you booked a double room make sure to check if the room indeed includes a double bed and not twin beds pushed together with an extra matras on top.
Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Tucked up under the shadow of the Alps overlooking Lago Iseo, Conca Verde is a wonderful place to base yourself. I was looking for my grandfather's village which was about 30 miles from Zone. Conca Verde is a beautiful place with spacious rooms and wonderful views. The hotel is run by a family who were very helpful with my quest, helping me write notes in Italian that I used when I got to the village. The breakfast was good, and the food in the restaurant was exceptional Lombardy cusine. The value was really unbelievable with room, breakfast and dinner coming to 54 euros. What a change from the big city hotels. It was a shame that I only had one day to spend and that I was by myself. We will be back here as a family for an extended visit.

Room tip: Booked this online. Very easy and the hotel staff are very tech savy.
Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We're a family of 4 with 2 teenagers; we stayed here in early Aug 2011. This is a family run business with either Dad or daughter on the front desk and Mum + chef in the bar / kitchen. The rooms were clean and functional but don't expect luxury. The bar, although again somewhat spartan in appearance, is surprisingly well stocked with good Scottish whiskeys and draft beer. In one corner there's a flat screen TV on the wall. The hotel is somewhat off the beaten track, it takes about 10 minutes to get there up the hill from the lake, so for us the real bonus was the absolutely outstanding restaurant, which meant we could picnic for lunch then all return to the hotel after a great day out knowing that we'd all eat and drink well that night back in our hotel. You can have a starter, main course and dessert, plus a really decent bottle of wine (the wine cellar is great too) for 4 people, all for around 70 Euros. It's clearly good value since almost all the other people eating there were locals. Overall, why I rate this hotel as "Very Good" is because it truly does represent fantastic value for money.

Room tip: If Internet is important to you, ask to get a room near the entrance, otherwise you may not get a WiFi signal.
Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2011

- Beautiful location, fairly easy to find (follow the signs for Zone and go up through the town following the signs for the hotel)
- Plenty of free parking (unusual in Italy!)
- Very friendly welcome from hotel owner who personally showed us to our room
- Nice, clean, quiet rooms
- Opened restaurant especially for us
- Excellent food (the best pasta we had in all of our 10 days in Italy!)
- Helpfully suggested a scenic drive to our next destination

- Overall, fantastic value for money, we'll definitely be back!

Date of stay: May 2011