“Relaxing friendly boutique B+B”
Review of Anderida

Anderida
Ranked #2 of 8 Arthurs Seat B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We happened on this B+B by accident on the net. It was excellent, beautiful room with spa bath. Good in room supplies for breakfast.
Shawn, mine host, was great at local knowledge and advice for restaurants. We would be happy to return and recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Only 3 rooms all appear similar
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Shawn_in_Aua, General Manager at Anderida, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thanks for your kind words Ross. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and thanks for mentioning breakfast: we make an effort to source products from local producers where possible. Let us know about your next visit and we'll look after you. Regards.

There are newer reviews for Anderida

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Been slack in getting a review up for this place, since my wife and I stayed here for our anniversary in April...my bad!

Let me begin by saying that our entire experience here was 10/10. Easily!

Previous reviewers have described this place as a hidden gem. It truly is. Great location, great rooms, great spa and great warm and welcoming service. Very peaceful, relaxing and lots of privacy. A great little spot outside the room to eat breakfast and look out over a valley.

Shawn was very helpful, a funny guy with a great sense of humour, great service and a great source of information (e.g. restaurant tips).

The fruit and cheese platter we enjoyed on our first night was awesome, the wine was top notch, the coffee was good quality and the bread was brilliant.

We booked Anderida as part of a package which included a horseback winery tour.

It all worked together nicely.

Our experience was memorable, enjoyable and relaxing.

Would we return here? Heck yes.

Thank you for a fantastic stay Shawn; all the best for the future!

Cheers,

Paul & Jane

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zionite86
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Great location at Arthur's Seat, so most attractions are just short drive away. Love the rooms, which are of good size, clean and so well maintained. The jacuzzi in the bathroom is just so good for a good relaxing soak at the end of the day. Lots of privacy and tranquility, really peaceful place. Loved that bathroom door.... With those strips of glass across...
I believe there are only three rooms at this resort , so u need to book early.... Unfortunately this place is not so suitable for families.
Highly recommended, especially for couples

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Great property, and high end quality rooms. Good location also. 1 thing to mention the accomodation is like an extension of the house. I just thought the accomodation was separate from the main property. To me it felt like staying in a guest bedroom at someone's house. No big bother as we had a lovely stay but personally I prefer more privacy.
Thank you Shawn for providing a relaxing, clean & overall lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Shawn_in_Aua, Manager at Anderida, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Hi Marlene. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts - it's really appreciated. You make a valid point: the accommodation is a separate wing attached to the house. Guests are able to access the accommodation wing through the private entrance off the parking area . Our planning permit would not allow separate cottages to be built. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I just want to say that our stay at Anderida is just amazing! This place is such a hidden gem, so quiet, peaceful but equipped with such a hi-tech gadget too. Made a 2 room booking for myself and my bf and his parents, and we are so satisfied with the room feature and Shawn hospitality, he even gave us room that is next to each other. This room is equipped with ipod dock, heated bathroom floor, amazing & huge bathtub, hair dryer, pillow menu (yes! different selection of comfortable pillows), LED candle, microwave, freshly grind local coffee, nice local bread, wonderful fire place and superb balcony with amazing view... Breakfast are provided in the room, mostly are local produce such as fresh milk, homemade jam etc and he is more than happy to refill anything that's finished. For this kind of 5 star experience, the price is amazingly reasonable. The room is super clean and neat, also Shawn really helps a lot i recommending nice place to dine, especially on Monday when most of restaurants are closed. Aside of that, this place is also close to many nice wineries such as Montalto, Paringa etc and also restaurants.. I would recommend this place to my friend and would definitely come back for sure. Thanks Shawn! From your happy customer all the way from Singapore :)

Room Tip: All rooms in Anderida are great
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Debbie, I'm so thrilled you and your family had such a wonderful time. I know there can be some pressure when booking for several people. I wanted to make sure the underfloor heating was on when you arrived as it's still cooler than Singapore at the moment. Thanks for taking the time and effort to put up such a detailed review, it may help others to make their decisions. Let us know next time you're coming through and we'll certainly look after you!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Thanks a million - one of the most homely and comfortable places to stay in Australia. Shawn was great knew the area and all the great spots to go and check out so be sure to ask him what to do, you'll get some great local knowledge.

Quite, peaceful, comfy beds, great spa (Im 6'2 and fit), great Pizza's, Wine and location.

Loved it!!!

Room Tip: Room 3 had a great view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Shawn_in_Aua, General Manager at Anderida, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Patrick, thanks for the fabulous review. It's been great to host you and your lovely new bride for your honeymoon. By staying 5 nights you've really had a chance to see many of the things the Mornington Peninsula has to offer.

Very glad you enjoyed the spa tub. I got into it in the showroom to ensure it was big enough but your positive feedback is worth much more.

We'll ensure there's pizza and wine waiting for your return. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Our stay here was exceedingly pleasant, Shawn the owner was amazingly helpful and accomodating, even with some last minute rescheduling changes made by me. He gave so much information of the area and is proud to support the community through sourcing local produce and products for our enjoyment, from the high thread count bedding in the evening to the muesli and yogurt in the morning, the high quality of everything offered was appreciated.
I highly recommend this location, the room was tastefully appointed with all the pictures on the website being a true representation of the surroundings.
I know when I am in the area again I will stay at Anderida for an extended amount of time, Arthur's Seat has so much that I care to explore.
Many thanks again, Sean & Honner.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Shawn_in_Aua, General Manager at Anderida, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you Sean and Honner for taking the time to provide a review for us on Trip Advisor. I am glad the website photos and the facilities matched your expectations. It's also nice to read your enjoyment of the details as well: I believe you were one of the first customers to enjoy our new arrival of eight sets of Sheridan sheets.

We look forward to welcoming you again. Give us a call when you book your next visit and we'll add a complimentary bottle of wine to thank you for your input.

Regards

Peppers Moonah Links Resort
Arthurs Views
Arthurs Views
#3 of 8 in Arthurs Seat

Been to Anderida? Share your experiences!