Utilized the Stay and Bathe package again and the Peninsula Hot Springs coupons guarantees you entry into the Hot Springs, a big bonus if intending to visit over a weekend.
This time we registered with reception at 12 noon (we didn't expect it but they actually had our room ready for us) so we could pick up our coupons and spend the afternoon and early evening at the Hot Springs before coming back to our room to relax instead of driving home after the springs visit. The Springs are a comfortable 20 minute drive from the Resort.
Last time stayed in an premium ocean view room (Room 123) in October 2012, this time another premium ocean view but in one of the front accommodation blocks of rooms (Room 623). Block 1/2/3 are behind Blocks 4/5/6 fronting towards the sea. You get good views from both blocks but my preference would be for block 4/5/6. The premium ocean view rooms are upstairs and remain my preference as the standard ocean view rooms are downstairs and subject to noise from above rooms. For an extra $20 it is worth it.
This time I'm happy to say we had a lovely bedspread cover on the bed (which was missing last stay) and we found the room very well presented with plenty of tea/coffee making supplies and well stocked bar fridge, although we took our own drinks with us. Large shower and good individual toiletries supplied. Plenty of towels (4 bath towels), including 2 pool towels in the room, lots of information about local attractions and areas to visit. If you want bathrobes you need to request them from reception, preferably at checkin time.
The breakfast buffet was very good, relaxed setting overlooking the golf course and staff helpful and pleasant.
After our last experience of in room dining which wasn't the best, we thought we would give it another try, this time we ordered pizzas. How disappointing ..... the pizza bases were like the supermarket frozen type and while the toppings were ok they just slid off the horrible bases!!
What a shame the quality of their in room dining has not improved since our last stay. Maybe in summer we'd consider dining in the restaurant or use the bbq facilities, but in winter and a rainy night you might just want to be cosy in your room and have a decent dine in.
Hopefully management will do a mystery shopper dine in sometime!! We did fill out the survey form again and handed it in about our dine in experience again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the southern-most tip of Victoria’s glorious Mornington Peninsula, RACV Cape Schanck Resort looks out over rugged Bass Strait and Western Port Bay. It’s here that the historic Cape Schanck Lighthouse sits proudly on the rocky headland guiding ships through one of the world’s most dangerous stretches of water into safe harbour. And it’s here that this contemporary resort is set on one of the most striking coastal golf courses in Australia, offering expansive cliff-top views. While the Robert Trent Jones-designed course is ranked one of the top 100 courses in Australia, there’s a lot more to the resort, and the region for that matter, other than golf. With coastal beauty, rolling countryside, some of Victoria’s best Pinot producing wineries, galleries, produce makers and historic villages, the resort is ideally positioned for a weekend of wine tasting, exploring country markets or gazing out across the fairways to the blue Southern Ocean beyond.Our exclusive coastal accommodation in Victoria offers stylish rooms, suites or house size villas decked out in warm, contemporary décor, with luxurious interiors, balconies and every modern convenience. So kick back on your private balcony with a glass of local Pinot Noir, watch a magical sunset and listen to the ocean waves roll in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your RACV Cape Schanck Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Racv Cape Schanck Hotel Cape Schanck
- RACV Cape Schanck Resort Mornington Peninsula