“Pleasant surprise!”
Review of Ace-Hi Ranch

Ace-Hi Ranch
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Bought a CUDO deal and then got a bit worried after reading reviews! No reason to! We arrived and were dealt with efficiently by staff even though we had forgotten to bring our voucher! Our ride was organised and we went to our cabin. It was clean and reasonably spacious with microwave and fridge, no oven or other cooking facilities. Parked right outside and were greeted by beautiful peacocks! We headed off on our ride and were reassured by the professional staff as none of us had ridden before. We did the novice ride for an hour and it was fabulous, gorgeous scenery and the horses were gentle and friendly. Staff dealt well with our kids too especially my 7 year old who was struggling with instructions! A peaceful night's sleep and we headed home. It is a basic cabin designed for school groups too but if your expectations are based on that, you will have a great time! We didn't have time to go in the pool but it looked fine!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"skills"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed September 29, 2013

After reading the previous reveiws for this place I was nervous staying here but I shouldn't have been. The people where awesome. My kids were extremely well looked after when horseriding and considering they had never ridden before they are now trotting confidently. While the accomodation was basic it was comfortable. If you don't go in expecting a resort you will enjoy it. There are some lovely works and the beach forest horseride was fantastic. Thanks to all the staff who made us feel so welcome. I will definitely be coming back. Don't judge this place on the back of the bad reveiws they don't do the place any justice.

2  Thank sirlmacca
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We arrived and checked in no problems received our horse riding tickets, the rooms are quite basic however this is a cabin style holiday.
You will need your own bedding and the one I slept in was good.
There is a microwave and tea & coffee we found handy for the family
I have included some photos.
The kid’s thought the horse riding was fantastic and the views on the trail are great.
I found the horse riding a little boring the “walk only” ride is just that but my wife was glad. The instructors are adamant single file no overtaking so if you have ridden before this may not be the ride for you. Over all we had a fun time go for it 

2  Thank DazaandMacka
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was told by Gunamatta trail riding that they would not have horses big enough to accommodate my boyfriend and I, as we were considered 'Heavy weights". This lead me to call Ace-Hi and it was the best thing to ever happen to me. I have now visited Ace-hi each and every single time I stay in our families beach house in Rosebud, and I believe I will be going there for many years to come.
Ace-Hi is its own little community right off Boneo Road, the first sign warning of 'Neurotic Chickens' sets the pace for the laid back atmosphere of the ranch. Reading the other reviews, I would believe they stayed elsewhere. Every person that I have spoke to or seen working there have been very friendly, very inviting, and have always had time for my silly little questions. The beach to Bush ride is for intermediate riders, and the staff do suggest that people who have not ridden before to go on one of the shorter rides, but it still does not stop beginners wanting to ride along the beach. I honestly do not blame them but if you are a beginner, i suggest and even plead that you go on the shorter rides.
The instructors do a great job of putting the better riders up the front, and the slower riders in the back but it can get a bit frustrating having to wait for people who cant even rise to the trot. if you want to go on the intermediate ride get used to the idea that you WILL need to know/Learn how to rise to the trot, you WILL need to keep the horses in single file and you WILL need to keep the horses in the order that they were placed in.
I would like to extend my thanks to the girls working in the chapel, the girls taking the horse rides and everyone else I have bumped into on the ranch, you have always been so friendly to me, and I honestly feel a bit like a local now, having the horse riding girls remember me and the rides we have been on. I will be booking in again and I will be taking Lisa's advice, I will be specifically asking for Echo.

Thank you so much.

1  Thank mexicanhorse
See more reviews
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I had called the night before to find out some information about horse riding but the lady who answered the phone couldn't help me and neither of her bosses could answer my question because none of them have ever ridden a horse!!! From the minute we arrived, the male manager was flustered and rude. We are camping and booked online via website for 3 trail rides but he was not impressed because we didn't have a printout of our booking and his internet wasn't working!!! Tried to book for a pony ride for our youngest child where you have to lead your own child but was told there was no staff available and we would have to wait up to 2 and a half hours (ponies were saddled and in the yard!!!) While waiting for our older 3 to come back on the trail ride heard staff talking about doing pony rides - went and spoke to them and they said they could be done straight away. The staff told us to tell the managers that there was staff available. Upon giving message to female manager, I was told not to be sarcastic that they employ the staff not the other way around! I don't appreciate being stuck in the middle of management and staff disputes!!! Male manager came down to yard to address me and was extremely rude and obnoxious even challenging and chesting my husband - wow what a great way to run a business. WILL NOT BE RETURNING OR RECOMMENDING THIS ESTABLISHMENT TO ANYONE. Suggest paying the horses and riding the staff - would receive better service!

8  Thank Bron H