“Ace hi riding, don't bother!”
Review of Ace-Hi Ranch

Ace-Hi Ranch
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We booked in for the intermediate scenic ride and waited and waited and waited until 40minutes after the supposed start time they decide that they should hand us some horses. . Despite telling the lady my daughter has ridden for 6 of her 11 years on earth and that she has weekly lessons the horse she was given was a horse I would put a beginner on. I felt my stirrips were too long and asked the lady to put them up one or two holes she replied that they wont go up any more. ok then, great! i thought. Then the lady told us which order we were to go in. There was three of us riding and we were spread throughout the trail. As I pulled my horse out from the one in front so I could then ride with my daughter, the lady told me rudely the horses had to remain in single file at all times. They also had beginners on this ride, despite it supposed to be for intermediate riders, which held up those behind who wanted to trot and canter more but couldn't because of the stupid single file rule. If you can ride, don't go here.

8  Thank Renees0212
There are newer reviews for Ace-Hi Ranch

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Came here for a one-hour horse ride and an overnight stay with my family. We enjoyed the horse ride, especially our son who wanted to go on another ride the following day. The nice weather was a big plus, and the local resident peacocks made the stay interesting. The cabins were not bad - we were not expecting much so it was much better than expected. The downside was that breakfast was not available till 9am, and the other attractions were not available. There is a place to do barbecue but unfortunately, they were not near the cabins. I would suggest bringing a power strip as well if you have lots of gadgets to charge as there is limited power outlets. But all in all, it was a pleasant visit.

5  Thank chinwag
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

I booked with ace hi bush & beach ride to celebrate our 2 yr anniversary. I wanted something different to the normal romantic stuff & I got it.
It was my first time on a horse & I had a blast! The reception was a bit unfriendly but the girl we rode out with (Lara) was great! Helpfull & professional. Beach was beautiful but it does take a while to get there.
If you don't like trying new things & going out of your comfort zone dont do it as the horses do canter on this ride. But if you do then I think you'll have fun.

3  Thank Wca450
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I purchased a voucher on line before reading the reviews. Was very nervious but really no need to be. Our voucher included a one hour horse ride, entry to the wild life park and an overnight stay for two adults and two children. My girlfriend purchased one also. When booking we had booked in for the 3.30pm horse ride.
We arrived around 1.30ish, checked in with a friendly person she was very quick and paid attention to detail, which is what you want really. She organised our forms for the horse riding and we filled them in there and then. Wild life park closed, annoying but thats how it goes, children not so happy. Pool looked good but far to cold for us to go in. Keeping in mind that this place is for school camps the rooms were good for that. Very rustic. Beds have foam mattresses, great for an overnight stay only. We had tea and coffee making in our cabin. Microwave, toaster, small TV, knives, forks, plates, cups, toilet paper. a small/bar fridge and a table with four chairs. The room was clean and tidy. The place is a little town of its own and we did have a look around before our ride. All the horses looked well cared for. Nothing was up and running eg: flying fox, told that was for the schools only. Down for our ride. We decided to go with the novice ride/beginners as we had two 8 year olds, a 9 year old and a 13 year old that have only been on a led pony ride at St Kilda beach. My husband and myself havent been on a horse for around 15 years and our other family was much the same. We had 14 people in total on our ride. We were fitted with hats and on to collect our horses. Each of us were given a horse that was in tune with our riding experience. There was a mounting block/stairs for anyone to use to get on their horse and lots of staff to get us ready for our ride, adjusting and making sure all was ok. We a staff member at the front of the pack and at the end, as well as Lara (staff) riding up and down the pack keeping us informed as to what we needed to do. Yes the begginers ride is a walk. We had one horse get spooked and the rider came off but Lara attended to him and got him back on the horse for the rest of the ride. He was fine. My daughter Eva is tiny, she was on what I would call a big horse and she was fine at all times and loved every minute of the ride, so much so that she wants to return. Thanks to the girls/staff on our ride, you did a great job. We went into town for dinner, slept the night and checked out in the morning without a problem. When checking in at the Capel we did notice that you could purchase food and drinks, we just took our own. There are lots of mozzies so do remember to take your sprays.

4  Thank Lynda S
Reviewed March 14, 2012

we went on a family weekend at ace hi , from the moment we arrived the customer service was cold and not very welcoming ,there was no fly wire on windows so all the mozzies came in ,the wild life park was closed, there are no activities unless you are on a camp but we could use the pool. when we went on trail ride the next day 2 of the ladies were very helpful and the one that gave me horse was very unhelpful and looked like she couldnt be bothered or didnt want to be there, she told me to put my foot in styrup and i replied " im not sure if i can put my foot on there" as i tried and pulled myself up the horse started to get aggitated and took off and the next thing i new i was on the ground in agony , the receptionist came down and said you better take her to hospital and thats what my husband did, they did not even ring to find out if we were ok and looking back they should have supplied a mounting block, that girl should of held the horse properley, they said i brushed its rump as i got on, the horse should not spook if its meant to be a trail riding horse for beginners and did not even call an ambulance. it was unfortunate that this happened and the lack of duty of care and service made it the worst experience on a ranch .

13  Thank Karina C