“Extraordinary experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nakagomi Fruit Orchard

Nakagomi Fruit Orchard
Ranked #1 of 31 things to do in Minami Alps
More attraction details
Owner description: Nakagomi Orchard is fruit picking farm located in Minami Alps City, Yamanashi pref. You can enjoy various fruit pickings for every June - December period. Please feel free to visit us with your family, friends and colleagues!
Jakarta, Indonesia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Extraordinary experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I & family stayed in Kazu's place in december 2013. It's a big beautiful Japanese traditional house. All my children love it. Mr Kazu is very friendly & loving, especially to the children. I really appreciate the hospitality during our stay there

Visited December 2013
5 Thank Narpatisuta

Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Volunteer experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

I helped out at Nakagomi Orchard for about 3 weeks in December 2013, and I must say even though the hours may be a little long, the people make it worth it! Kazu-san seemed a little cold initially, but once you get to know him he is very hospitable, always offering to give rides to places ;) and Yoko-san was also a wonderful hostess, I always looked forward to the meals at her place! I had my best time in Japan here, and hope to revisit sometime in the future :)

Visited December 2013
4 Thank Caishan
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“My favorite place in Japan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

I spent an amazing month working and living on Nakagomi orchard. Kazu works hard to create an environment that encourages cultural exchange between travelers and Japanese locals. It's a gorgeous location to learn about Japanese fruit farming, Japanese culture and to eat the most delicious home cooked meals provided by Yoko-san. I highly recommend visiting the farm either for fruit picking or for an extended stay as a volunteer worker. I have so many amazing memories from my time on the farm and met so many great friends from all around the world. Getting there from Tokyo is easy and I can't wait to get back to the farm and see Fuji-san again on my next trip to Japan.

Visited May 2013
4 Thank Samuel B
Skokie, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best way to experience Japanese fruit farming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

My husband and I spent a fantastic month at Farm Stay in Nakagomi Orchard's Inn.
Kazu and her family are very friendly and nice. We enjoy fruit picking a lots; peach, pear, plum, grapes and Fuji apple. All taste GREAT and FRESH. During our stay we got many chances to experience fruits farming in Kazu's farm, and realized that Kazu and his family have put a lots of effort and attention to their products. They attended their fruits like their babies.
No wonder their fruits tasted So GOOD!
We also met many volunteers from all over the world at Kazu's farm.
At Nakagomi's Inn, we lived like Japanese do, on tatami floor with warm futon.
From the bed room, we can see Mt. Fuji, rice field and lots of fresh air from the mountain near by.
WHAT'S A GREAT TIME WE'VE HAD THERE! THANK YOU KAZU FOR YOUR HOSPITALITY.

Visited September 2013
4 Thank orange002
Singapore, null, Singapore
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Fresh fruits and very friendly people!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I went to Nakagomi Orchard for a couple of hours of peach picking and eating. The experience was good and the people helping out were friendly. As my friend and I did not drive, although we located the Orchard from the directions on the website, we were unable to locate the exact location where the fruit picking was. It was not until another local farm owner who helped us call the Nakagomi Orchard people did we get to the Orchard safely. Hence, it is suggested that you give the Orchard a call before heading down so that you can locate the place easily! That said, it was much appreciated that we got a ride from the people at the Orchard back to the bus station after our fruit picking! The fruits are fresh and it was a very good experience eating fruits plucked straight from the trees! :) I opted to bring a box of the fruits home, they chose the harder ones, and wrapped it up so well that they are still in perfect condition, despite all my traveling! I would highly recommend this place!

Visited July 2013