“Delightful experience picking and eating sweet cherries.”

Nakagomi Fruit Orchard
Ranked #1 of 31 things to do in Minami Alps
More attraction details
Owner description: Nakagomi Orchard is fruit picking farm located in Minami Alps City, Yamanashi pref. You can enjoy various fruit pickings for every June - December period. Please feel free to visit us with your family, friends and colleagues!
Lynnwood, Washington
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Delightful experience picking and eating sweet cherries.”
Reviewed June 12, 2011

My husband and I drove from Yokosuka to Nakagomi Fruit Ochard. There is a good map on the orchard's web site, and, if you don't read kanji, follow it. I do read kanji, so we didn't follow the map, and found it. Once there, the owner speaks perfect English. There is a sensei (teacher) to teach you how to pick the fruit. The trees are under a greenhouse, so everything is very clean. So delicious, and very much fun!

Visited June 2011
4 Thank travelgal1953

Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fruit Picking in Japan, Yamanashi, Minami-Alps-Shi”
Reviewed August 13, 2009

In my recent trip to Japan, my wife and myself made a trip to Nakagomi Fruit Orchard in Minami-Alps-Shi, Yamanashi, Japan. It's just a short trip from Shinjuku, Tokyo by express train - 1.5hrs and near Mt Fuji.

Mr Kazu who owns the orchard provided excellent hospitality for us (besides showing us the best peaches, plums and nectarines to eat, he also helped booked a local onsen-ryokan for us to stay overnight) and he speaks excellent English. His is the only farm in that region who welcomes guests from overseas besides Japanese. Jul/Aug/Sep - peaches are in full season, Sep/Oct - Kyoho grapes and persimmons and apples... fruits galore.

Please visit his website http://www5.ocn.ne.jp/~kazunaka/image/englishpage1.htm for more details and directions or call him.

He welcomes all visitors. Wife and myself missing the excellent juicy peaches!

11 Thank worldwisely