The hotel is a beautiful modern building, gorgeous design and it has so much to offer; rooms are very comfortable and functional. We had a room in the spa building; very convenient and quiet.
The Bodega of Marques de Riscal is amazing with its history, cellar, tasting room and vineyard. We really enjoyed the guided tour and we bought several real nice bottles of wine in the end.
We loved the Spa; its nice to sit outside by the vineyard, take deep breaths of the crisp, fresh air and listen to the birds.
First night we had dinner in their Bistro Restaurant, then we made reservation and tried their Gastro's specialties as well. Food is very contemporary international; we expected a bit more of 'local flavors'.
The staff were professional, kind and friendly.
We enjoyed our 3 days here and we would definitely return if we were in the area again.
* Other things we liked: great location / driving distance to visit other wineries; great traditional food in nearby villages; parking available; complimentary welcome wine; very large bathrooms
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The City of Wine, where you will discover a masterpiece, Hotel Marques de Riscal Elciego. With 43 luxurious rooms and suites, an exceptional spa and a superb culinary offer, this boutique hotel, located in the heart of la Rioja alavesa and designed by famous arquitect Frank O. Gehry, is the ideal place for enoturim lovers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Marques de Riscal a Luxury Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marques De Riscal Hotel
- Marques De Riscal Elciego
- Hotel Marques De Riscal