“Wine list what wine list”

Restaurant Marques de Riscal
Reserve with
Restaurant Marques de Riscal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Elciego
Cuisines: Deli, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: At the Michelin star and Repsol sun-awarded restaurant Marques de Riscal, exquisite dishes created by the prestigious Chef Francis Paniego can be tasted accompanied by some of the estate’s finest vintages. Its culinary excellence and superb levels of service have earned the restaurant a prestigious Michelin star and helped make it one of the hottest destinations in the region for gourmands. Located on the second floor of the hotel, the dining room is a masterful exercise in design. Wine aficionados will be drawn to the bespoke Frank Gehry-designed display wall containing a large selection of fine vintages from the Marqués de Riscal cellars as well as more than 200 international labels.
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I book the place, the time, the menu. The change the menu they forgot the allergies I had specified, the forgot the limit time to 2 hs for lunch but I took wineries owners and every time I order a wine the only had one bottle and we need two. We had to pay at the reception of the hotel and same people because of this miss desert. The food was good but we did not enjoy. I wrote a complain and had pass a year without a respond we had been ignore. I bringing a group in 2 years no to them.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We had an incredible dinner!! The Maitre 'D and the waitreses are incredible, made us feel at home!! It was our best meals in the area, we had meals both in the hotel and a few outside, but were sorry when we didn't eat in the hotel. It might be a little expensive, but well worth every penny!! It is a pittty we can't find Finca La Torrea wine at home!!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

If you are going wine tasting in the Rioja area, this is a great stop for lunch or dinner. The hotel was designed by Frank Gehry who did the Bilbao museum and it is stunning. We stopped in for lunch on our way from Madrid to San Sebastian and were very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food and ambiance of the restaurant.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We came here for the 3rd time in 3 years and were very much loooking forward to our dinner event. Although there was nothing wrong with the food, it was perfect, but the Menu Degustación was exactly the same as last year. So there were no surprises and we thought the chef must have been very lazy or bored following the same formula for such a long period of time.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I quite enjoyed my dining experience at Gastronimic. We were guests of the hotel visiting along with another couple. So, there were four diners.

What I enjoy about Michelin Star restaurants is the precision in delivering the food to the table, women first (both women having the food presented at the same exact time hitting the table) then men. I watched as they appropriately put an empty plate in front of the diner who was not to receive that particular course so that they are not bare at the table. I revel in how they bring a clean set of utensils, and the choice of utensils specific to the round coming up next. I enjoy the decanting of the wine and the pouring based on etiquette and customer comments. They did a wonderful job here.

The food was very, very good. I had incredible lobster, moist hake, perfectly cooked Elk, etc. One thing that I do notice is the difference between a 1 Michelin Star restaurant and a 3 Michelin Star restaurant. The one star make the attempts at innovation but may fall down on taste or final presentation. Three stars deliver on all aspects. So I can see Gastronomic having room to improve.

For a 1 Michelin Star restaurant, I definitely felt that this is a good value for the quality of food that you get. I have paid through the roof for 3 Michelin Star places, with no regrets ever. Putting this perspective on the matter, I believe that Gastronomic delivers on the promise of 1 Star. For more perspective and a recent example for me, earlier this year I went to Amsterdam which has 9 restaurants with Michelin Stars and you will pay about 150 euros per person at these. Now include the wine, taxes and tips you will walk about paying nearly 250. We paid something like 150 euros per person including wine here and were quite happy about that.

I would dine here again in short. I didn't even mention the amazing Frank Gehry's innovative building did I....

2  Thank TravelingfromSF_8