“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanars
Atlanta
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed at this hotel during a Pyrenees bike trip. Nice hotel with adequate rooms. Rooms are large with sofa and table. Nice area to go for a walk in. Didn't use the spa although others did and enjoyed it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank havefuntoday14

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as a part of our Backroad's bike trip in the Pyrennes, Spain. The rooms, lobby and restaurant were so cute - it looked like a Swiss ski lodge. Downstairs was a nice pool/sauna/spa area that we utilized after biking.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sheryld1103
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights as part of a Backroads bike trip. Can't comment on the pricing, but the breakfast was awesome, the room super, and the staff friendly. Didn't use the pool or spa. The exterior of the hotel is also beautiful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

we spent 2 nights at the hotel grevol as part of a walking package (Inntravel). The room was the most spacious and comfortable of any that we booked in Spain. The hotel bar/breakfast area and restaurant were inviting and comfortable and we used and enjoyed the spa/pool facility. It was the ideal place to camp for a couple of days after the 15km walk from the previous town. The nearby towns of Le Roc and Camprodon are easy to walk to by off-road tracks and interesting to visit. The meals at the restaurant were truly amazing - one of the best food experiences for us in Spain. We did note the price as we checked out (we'd paid for a package for the walking tour and this hotel was one of the highlights of the trip) and felt that it was high, so that's the only reason that the rating isn't five stars.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Newmarket, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2007

We spent 2 nights at the Grevol on a walking holiday booked through Inntravel. Yes, it is expensive, though not having booked direct with the hotel we had rather lost sight of that. We really enjoyed the pool and steam room, which were rarely busy. The room was spacious and well furnished, with a sitting area and table. The food was excellent, both at dinner and breakfast.

There is great walking in the area, and our friends enjoyed a visit to Camprodon, down the valley, where apparently most of the shops sell sausages. It's true there's not much else in the village.

• Liked — Pool and spa
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
NYC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2007

I stayed here last week as part of a 7 night hiking tour through Inn Travel (I have used them before and have always loved the hotels on their tours). The write up for the hotel indicated that the food in the restaurant was some of the best in the area. I ordered the Catalan version of paella (made with noodles instead of rice) and served with shrimp. I knew something was wrong almost immediately and I could barely stand by the end of my meal. I made it back to my room but the rest of my trip was ruined. To make matters worse, the hotel staff said that it was "not possible" that I could have gotten sick in their restaurant. I called the front desk and asked for help because I was so sick and no one ever came. When I finally made it down to the lobby, they charged me for the water that I'd requested. They took no responsibility whatsoever for the food poisoning. They did not seem to care, at all, that they had a seriously ill guest in house. I have never, in my life, been treated so calously by hotel staff. I suppose if I'd needed to go to the hospital, I would have caught their attention - but I'm pretty sure they would have charged me for out outbound phone call...... I would obviously never go here again. And even though the food poisoning may have been a fluke - I would never go here again simply because of how the staff treated a sick quest. The worst thing imaginable is to be sick away from home, they made a bad situation so much worse than it had to be.

• Stayed June 2007
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
hotelgrevol, Gerente at Hotel Grevol Spa, responded to this review, July 28, 2010
First I would like to state that I write this humble replica into consideration and protection of all employees of our small hotel, which, as rural family hotel, we are all like one big family. And my heart aches every time I read this review.
I support them because, even now almost 3 years of facts, we are all very present because of the harsh and incomprehensible (our point of view) criticism that have generated.

As it criticism is very difficult personally deal objectively, will relate the events that happened to anyone reading this they can appreciate:

1ST.DAY: Arrival at the hotel at sunset after a day of a long walk (aprox.20 km). Dinner at the restaurant with about 15 more persons, including several who eat the same dish that the customer in question. Neither of them received any complaints nor expressed any ill whatsoever.

2nd.DAY:
. The two heavily leisurely breakfast and then reserve some massages in our SPA Center for 17:00. (We therefore believe that the lady concerned was in perfect condition and in a spirit of enjoyment of activities).
. At noon down to eat alone one of the ladies, which disturbs the diner waitress who is interested in another woman. The companion has reported to be resting without comment on his health.
. At 15:00 hours the lunch lady cancels the massage for your partner but if it does.
. About mid-afternoon lady who has not lunch, calls requesting a room service, consisting of bread and ham. As to that hour there was no personal service in the kitchen, the same evening receptionist to please the lady, goes to the kitchen to prepare the request. In the meantime the lady want to order something else and calls, but not received any answer because the receptionist replied that preparing his room-service. Mrs. decides down to the reception hall personally and find the receptionist asked him what was up. Sorts a receptionist water and gives everything in his room.
. At night the partner back down to dinner alone. At our waitress finds it strange that no other lady down to dinner and offers to prepare anything you want and serve it in the room. The response of the partner is not needed and that individual health status (not to mention to respect the privacy of the client) needed a rest. Although she up some toast with butter and one ice sorbet.
. At night, shortly before 23:00 pm, the partner calls asking for pillows, and more blankets for the other lady. With this request the receptionist anomalous late cares about the health of the woman and offered to call a doctor, an offer that rejects the companion of the lady in question.

3rd DAY: The ladies prepare the check-out without making any reference to the health of the woman concerned. They claim they do not want walking to the next hotel and the reception head is concerned to offer transportation (no charge) that moves. Also making a determination not to make any charge for room service to know what had happened.

It also could be considered for the assessment of our establishment on this criticism:

- The opinion poll we offer to our customers at breakfast the last day, so that they can answer with ease, was very positive.
- The same companion of the lady in question has not told us in no time concern for the health of his partner, not giving importance and not express their condition affected at any time. Therefore we could not know the extent of his health.
- On arrival at the hotel the ladies expressed their great fatigue from walking they had done and spoke barely impacted. For his state, extrinsic to the hotel, we could assume that the discomfort of days that could have been due to fatigue.
- Butter ice cream and sorbet are not very desirable and often wish for if you have suffered food poisoning.
- Our personal, altruistic, various special services offered to other customers from the same agency Inntravel (mentioned by the client itself in this criticism) | and all customers equally. Just a week earlier, another customer was injured in the walk and get plastered at the hotel. I myself saw her in that state I offered to provide a crutch that was in my home. As long as she had more freedom of movement without having to buy them yourself.
- In other cases (for the reference made to the call to the hospital) if a customer needs extra transportation, not hired, for a given displacement, the same hotel staff has offered many times, with his own car. Any further workload and distance.

These notes are to reflect, minimally, the spirit of our establishment to customer support in any way we can and it's in our hands. Because if something never cease to reiterate our congratulations on their customers (and I say this with pride) is the human quality of our staff and the treatment they offer.

You are invited to check yourself in the book of views of our hotel, which also invite you to translate them into this website.

It is also reflected in the statistics of accumulated opinions. Since 2001 until now the average of the statistics value the friendly staff in all departments, is 9.30 over 10. And 99.4% of interviewees said they would return and stay in our hotel.

I regret the extent of replicates but the seriousness of the accusations made in criticism, he deserves it.

I express my apologies for not speak so well in their language but I hope that my words not be misinterpreted.
Newcastle, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2006

We visited the hotel in August this year as part of a mini tour of Catalonia.The hotel was as described previously although the pool itself could do with a little TLC as some of the mosaic tiles were missing from the pool floor. Not what we were expecting at the hotel rates (230 Euros per night).The gym too was very basic with a bike, treadmill and some weights.
The rooms themselves were very spacious. We had a family room which comprised of bathroom , small twin bedroom and large main bedroom with sofa and small dining table. However the hotel is about 16 years old and it looked that way with lots of scuff marks and chipped woodwork.
The buffet breakfast made a pleasant start to the day. We did not use the restaurant as the set meal of 32Euros seemed pricey for pigs trotters as a main course.
Llanars itself is a chiefly residential area most of which appeared to be holiday rentals.Most of the buildings looked like recent developments and lots of building work is still in progress.Their is an open air pool near to the hotel which looked quite nice although we had no need to use it. We were disappointed to find that their was very little in the town, two small bars, one minimarket and one pizzeria which was fantastic with very friendly staff and good food at reasonable prices.(Try the pica pica.)
The drive up to the ski area was lengthy and I would be very reluctant to use the hotel as a base to ski as the roads were tricky in August. Beautiful views though and such clear water flowing down.

• Liked — size of the room
  • Disliked — the price
  • Tips/Secrets — Eat at the pizzeria
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank northern_family_of_4
hotelgrevol, Gerente at Hotel Grevol Spa, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
We regret the impression that they took during their stay, but I will try to clarify the different situations in which they were found.

First concrete that the price should be mentioned are for one family room, occupied by four persons, with breakfast and free acces to the Thermal Zone in a time of high demand.

I wanted also to report that our hotel has a distinctive environmental quality validated by the Generalitat de Catalunya since 2006. With this I reflect the environmental concerns of the establishment with which we can not empty a pool of about 200 m3 of water each time jumping a small tile (3 * 3cm). Therefore, we determined that they have more than 3-4 tiles out of place in the next period of closure we empty pool and proceed to the repair. Our establishment closed two times at year and we took at that time to do all the maintenance of the hotel can not be made while the customer is. We always try to have the hotel in the best possible conditions, but we can not 365 days a year (Although we would like!).

About our area of exercise only comment that it is true that our fitness centre, engine room, is basic and consists of a static bicycle, the steeps, the treadmill and a table of weights. These are the basic elements in order to make maintenance of the physical state during the stay at the hotel and the amount we consider appropriate for a 36-room hotel, where guests come for relaxation and wellness over to get in shape. In addition we have never had a reference on over occupation of the area. Sure we have not any objection to extending, the day we see that customers need.

Referring to the appearance of wooden furniture and decoration of the rooms, it is true that there was a time when it was needed restoration. We realize it was done in April-May 2008, in one of our maintenance decisions.

On the cost of our menu just to inform you that our restaurant has always offered an elaborate menu always using quality products and Dec. 2009 advised by a chef which just granted a "Michelin Star" in 2010. Referring to the dish in mention. the "Pig trotters" is a typical dish from the Catalan Pyrenees cuisine. We always try to publicize and promote the cuisine of the area offering a selection of dishes based on Catalan cuisine but always with the touch of our chef. Yet never deny that you can eat very well too on the Pizza Restaurant of our village..

Referring to the services, I think there are many for a small mountain village of 400 people: two bars, two restaurants, a pharmacy, a minimarket, a bakery, a carnage, two hairdressers, a municipal swimming pool with bar service, an area free internet connection and a SPA centre, bar and restaurant of our own hotel which is also open to external customers. Also you have the Camprodon village near 2km that is more larger and offers more varied services.

With this I hope to have explained some of the terms of the above comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanars
Hotel La Coma
#2 of 5 in Ribes de Freser
Hotel Sant Roc
Hotel Sant Roc
#2 of 4 in Camprodon

Been to Hotel Grevol Spa? Share your experiences!