“Another excellent stay at a really excellent hotel”

Ibis Barcelona Mollet
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 3, 2012

This was my third visit to this hotel - and on each occasion it has been memorable for all the right reasons. It's so easy to find - being located just off junction 16 of the main A8 motorway - and is spotlessly presented both inside and out. I had a high floor room overlooking the motorway - but yet again the quad glazing blocked out virtually all the noise from the traffic whilst the room also provided a nice view towards the mountains. Getting parked at the front of the hotel necessitated the usual 'drive around twice until somebody moved' - but that was the extent of any problems I encountered (and if you really don't want to be bothered with that issue there is a relatively inexpensive underground car park). Not only were the staff very friendly and welcoming - but they actually remembered me too! Then when I needed to unexpectedly cut my stay short after only one of the planned three nights and return directly to the UK the front desk team were so helpful in assisting me with flight bookings printing boarding cards and providing accurate directions to the airport. Overall I cannot think of anything bad to say - and if I had the time I could probably go on and on about what an excellent hotel this particular Ibis really is! If you don't need to be in the centre of Barcelona do yourself a favour by rejecting the plethora of alternatives and stay right here. I certainly will the very next time I'm in that part of the world.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Ibis Barcelona Mollet

Reviewed March 3, 2012

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank QuickMobile
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Good hotel. Standard IBIS quality. Staff was helpful and very nice. Restaurant at hotel was ok but expensive. Parking very limited around hotel unless you use hotel's garage, for which hotel charges a fee.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Located next to the motorway and very easy to find this is a virtually brand new hotel and is fitted out to a very high standard. If like me you have stayed in an Ibis before and are thinking basic and tired - forget all those thoughts because this is unlike any other Ibis that I have ever stayed in. Part of the Accor group Ibis are in the process of upgrading existing properties and also building new ones - and the design and decor in this hotel reflects what's eventually coming to all of them. It's very modern and functional - but it's in the bedrooms where you really notice the difference. Smart and well appointed they feature a very comfortable bed decent lighting a proper desk area a flat screen tv built into the wall and an excellent bathroom with an oversize walk-in power shower. The windows are quad glazed so although the motorway is highly visible the road noise is virtually eliminated. The breakfast buffet was good as was the evening meal - but there are other local restaurants within a reasonable walking distance too. The staff are very friendly and approachable and will always try their best to help - particularly if like me you want to get into Barcelona. I was given a detailed map and clear instructions as to the location of the railway station - about 10 minutes walk from the hotel. From there it's around half an hour to the city centre. I would recommend using the train since I've also driven and both the traffic and parking can be a real challenge. Parking at the hotel can also be very difficult on the local road outside - especially during the day - but there is a secure underground car park for a small additional charge. Overall the quality of the hotel and it's location make it one of the best in the Barcelona area and one I would happily return to again and again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Only 25 minutes from ferry terminal and centre of Barcelona, easy to locate secure parking (extra charge) very trendy reception and bar area. Pleasant receptionist spoke good English.
Rooms slightly larger than other Ibis we have stayed in. Right next door to a large Lidl and we noticed several guests with carrier bags of food on way to their rooms. We opted ffor the restaurant which was not too bad good value included a glass of wine and they went out of their way to fins a winw I liked to serve by the glass. The Ferry from Mallorca arrives around 20.00 we did not fancy staying in the centre of Barcelona and wanted somewhere that had easy access to motorways for onward journey through France.A perfect choice for us
Just wish they would not charge for Internet and parking

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Very nice hotel, very clean and convenient for the motorway. However our sat/nav had difficulty finding the hotel because the address info. was incomplete. The staff are friendly and helpful but the bar is pretty sparsely stocked; no white wine and no gin and tonic, the pinot noir on the other hand was delicious. Presumably, since it's a new hotel both the address and bar stock problems will be rectified.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Milano
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Hotel location is very good, room is simple but clean, internet speed good. I had a bad experience with the restaurant's staff! I was told to wait 10 minutes (became 20min!) to seat even if just half of the tables were occupied. I was told to seat in a quite table on a corner. Once seated as because tired and ungry I asked immediately to order, but the 2 waiters told to wait for a while. They were going around other tables asking people if they were ready to order, but they didn't come in my table. <To a Lady was asked 2 times if she was ready to order, but she answered shw was waiting for another person. I was ready but totally ignored! I got upset and after that they took my order. They used to offer some hot bread to all the tables, but again they ignored mine! I use to travel 20-25days per month, I never experienced something like that before!! I complained at the reception, when I did check-out they gave the dinner for free, good action but not cancel the bad experience I had with this hotel! For sure I will never come back there again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Hotel HC Mollet Barcelona
Hotel HC Mollet Barcelona
#4 of 4 in Mollet del Valles
Hotel Mercure Augusta Barcelona Valles
Hotel Mercure Augusta Barcelona ...
#1 of 1 in Vilanova del Valles

Been to Ibis Barcelona Mollet? Share your experiences!