“Would definately come back again”
Review of Riverhouse B&B

Riverhouse B&B
Ranked #2 of 3 Upwey B&B and Inns
Hassocks, United Kingdom
“Would definately come back again”
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Fantastic food in the restaurant, lovely comfortable and spacious room, excellent location for exploring Weymouth and surrounds. Friendly and courteous staff.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ianfoxton

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Jersey
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Just a few minutes drive from Weymouth ferry terminal and the Inn is really easy to find. The rooms are in lovely converted stables on the side of the actual Inn and there is loads of room in the bedroom and the bathroom is spacious. Breakfast was already in the room when we arrived (9pm) on a big tray - cereals, pastries in a sealed box, and milk in a cool bag - kept it ice-cold until morning - perfect. Unfortunately we arrived too late to have dinner at the Inn but we had a drink in the bar after check-in (also in the bar) and the menu looked great. Car park was huge, off the main road so there was no noise at night - check-out is very simple - you just leave.

We booked this room at the last minute as the previous B&B we booked in Weymouth received a spate of really bad revies on Trip Advisor, and the Premier Inn was full - We were so glad we did. Much better value than Premier Inn and the bed was so comfortable. Great find!

I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews on here about this B&B - the facilities are far superior than a Premier Inn for less cost per night and larger with ample car parking and breakfast included.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Yartez
Sussex
Reviewed May 30, 2010

I booked this hotel through Late Rooms and received a confirmed booking yet the hotel called to tell me the following day that it had been double booked and suggested that ‘I’ call a couple of alternatives that they suggested who may be able to help with no apology. The room is still showing as available on Late Rooms.com web page some 30+ hours later at the time of writing this review. Late Rooms also failed to provide any decent customer service and they too did not apologize or accept any responsibility for the error with the booking which ironically I had to cancel on-line myself! A thoroughly disappointing customer service from Riverhouse Inn and Late Rooms.com

Linda Barber 30/5/2010

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bid28
UK
Reviewed May 16, 2010

Lovely room, but noisy pipes. Having breakfast delivered to us the night before was strange. Cold croissants for breakfast? We had to leave the milk on the doorstep to keep it cold.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Brighton
Reviewed May 13, 2010

Pleasant location but room is very basic with rippling lino in the bathroom and a very basic matress on the bed.
Breakfast was very basic and just placed on a tray in your room with no cooked option.
My biggest criticism is reserved for the waiter (manager?). I decided to have dinner with a friend in the restaurant. I ordered the fillet steak medium well cooked. When it arrived it tasted burnt. My friend tried it and agreed it had a strong charred taste. I told the waiter who was adamant that it was correctly cooked (it was chargrilled). There was a stand off for several minutes while he tried to convince me that it was all ok and therefore inferring I didn't know what I was talking about. To be honest I have never experienced service like this in a restaurant before. It had fawlty towers overtones! In the end he agreed to change it and I plumped for the lasagne which was watery with overcooked floury pasta. To be fair my friend's food was fine and the starter was nice. But my general impression was poor and I certainly wouldn't return.

• Stayed May 2010
London, England
Reviewed October 21, 2009

My wife and I took my Mother to visit friends in Dorset and after quite a fruitless search for acceptable accommodation we found the Riverside Inn. This establishment is located about 10 minutes by car from Weymouth, There are three good sized bedrooms all with en-suite shower and toilet, they are nicely decorated and very clean.

The rooms are located to the rear of the main building overlooking the pub garden, giving a nice aspect and a quiet location. The rooms had the benefit of television and tea and coffee making facilities, and were furnished in a country cottage style. The beds all had a raised end to them which makes it a bit snug if you are six feet or more tall and the mattress was a tad hard for my liking.

One drawback is that there is only one bedside lamp provided, and given that we visited in the middle of October the room was a bit cold, but there is a fan heater to supplement the timed central heating.

The breakfast is continental in style with a good choice of cereal, toast croissants and yogurt., however given that the establishment is a restaurant a cooked option would have been a bonus. A major benefit is the ample car parking, which is very welcome as parking in Weymouth is a nightmare!

All in all a very nice place to stay for a short break.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
STAMFORD
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Advertised as luxury accommodation, I am afraid it was not! More like a travel lodge with the most uncomfortable bed. Unfortunately we weren't told that it was closed on a Sunday night so after a very long journey we had to go into Weymouth for something to eat. Breakfast was also basic, it did say continental but it was all out of packets. When there is such a good chef there it is a pity. The only evening meal we ate there was very good, huge potions so there was no room for the delicious looking puds.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Upwey
Premier Inn Weymouth Seafront Hotel
#2 of 27 in Wimborne Minster
Kelston Guest House
Kelston Guest House
#2 of 165 in Weymouth

Been to Riverhouse B&B? Share your experiences!