“Incredible Experience”

Karkloof Canopy Tour
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Howick
More attraction details
Owner description: A Canopy Tour® takes you on an unforgettable adventure as you slide from one platform to the next along a series of steel cables set amongst magnificent natural surroundings. It is widely regarded as one of the best eco-adventure activities in the world and is something for people of all ages with the youngest being 3 and the oldest 90 so far to do the tour. The concept of Canopy Tour originated in the rain forests of Costa Rica, where scientists were studying animals and birds in the Canopy Layer of the Forest. Safely sliding from tree to tree to a series of platforms became a novel way to see the flora and fauna of an indigenous forest. A whole new level of appreciation was born when the concept became one of South Africa’s most popular eco adventure activities. Karkloof canopy tour is only 1:30 from Durban, near Howick in the Midlands, this is a must do activity especially for nature lovers or adventure seekers looking to do something truly unique. Professional guides assure the safety of each group and point out interesting facts along the way. It’s ideal for team building, kid’s parties, family get-togethers, corporate events or just a fun day out. Open every day, with tours every half an hour from 8am to 3pm. Come experience one of South Africa’s fastest growing eco-adventures with thousands of satisfied thrill-seekers having already caught the bug.
Reviewed August 21, 2017

This was the third time I have been ziplining, first time doing the Karkloof Canopy Tour however. I was expecting it to be the same as the previous zipline I had been on at Lake Eland, but this was not the case. We walked through beautiful pathways surrounded by lush, green forests to get to the zipline posts - the only sounds being us and nature. The ziplines were fantastic and staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a lot of laughs and a really good time.

All reviews
"gorgeous views"
"nerve wracking"
"light meal"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this adventure"
"all ages"
in 5 reviews
"nice surprise"
"starting point"

Reviewed August 16, 2017

I was a little apprehensive at first, but soon got over my fear in my awe of the beauty of the natural forest around me while waiting my turn to take the Zip-slides. The staff were amazing, friendly and professional at all times! I highly recommend it for a fun day out or part of a weekend away exploring the N3 Gateway Route.

Reviewed August 6, 2017

The Karkloof Canopy Tour is exceptionally well organised, From the minute you arrive, you are well looked after. They explain everything to you very carefully and take time to ensure that you are comfortable with everything. We had three guides accompany us and they were excellent. Very professional the entire way and gave us a lot of information about the zip line and the different platforms. The zip line is an amazing experience. The tour takes 2 hours and at the end you are given some refreshments and a snack.

Reviewed July 30, 2017

I had the most amazing time, wow. The guides are wonderful and the canopy tour is just beautiful. It is exhilarating and EVERY ONE can manage it. I get pretty nervous with heights and I really loved it. Wear sunscreen and a light sweater.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 20, 2017

I mistakenly booked a tour at the Drakensberg Canopy Tour thinking it was this one, which was closer to where I was staying. The Drakensberg location called me to confirm, realized the mistake, and called the Karkloof location for me. The Karkloof Canopy Tour took my son and me on a tour, though they had finished their last tour of the day due to Madhiba (Nelson Mandela) Day. I was so grateful for this. It was incredibly accommodating of them.

Moreover, the Canopy Tour was just fabulous. DO THIS! Africa and our other guides (sorry fellas, I've forgotten your names) were excellent, good company, had a sense of humor, but most importantly kept my son and me safe at all times.

If I'm ever in this part of South Africa again, I will definitely do this again, and bring whoever is with me along for the exhilarating ride.