See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderfull weekend in Durbanville spending time with our family and friends. D'Aria's cottages are everything promised on their website. The cottage is well equiped and very well maintained. The staff is friendly and helpfull.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

I love this place. It is incredible value for what you get. Two bedrooms with a comfortable lounge, DSTV, kitchen and serviced daily. Security at the car parking and a barbecue on the porch. I will definitely be back again. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2017

Well, I acted on a suggestion by a friend. Had my doubts that it can be too far out of Cape Town. Not too far from the airport, it was an easy drive. The cottage is well equipped with very good wines. The free gift, a D'Aria Shiraz 2014 was a good night cap, actually an excellent wine. I can imagine the beauty and scenery traveling to Cape Town once the sun is up.
My friend's suggestion was a good one. Keep in mind that you need to fetch the keys to the cottage at the restaurant should you arrive after hours.

Room tip: The accomodation consists of self contained cottages.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2017

D"Aria is the home of Poplars restaurant - which we have not tried for a while - but this time we visited late afternoon and went down to the tasting centre. This has a deck in front, overlooking a pretty little lake, surrounded by trees and with a water spout in the middle. The wines were generally good, but we were intrigued by the 5 year-old potstill brandy (a bit on the sweet side though). Unfortunately the 10-year old is not available to the public. Gourmet burgers can also be enjoyed here. Casual.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2017

We really enjoyed our stay here. The cottages are large, well furnished and have an excellent mini-bar and snacks. The setting is beautiful, with the cottages being surrounded by vineyards. And the prices are good, we thought we would be paying much more for a venue of this quality.

It also must be mentioned that the restaurant is excellent, I had the venison loin, and as someone who only eats wild game meat, this was one of the best I have had.

Date of stay: June 2017