“Great quality Grill”

The Hussar Grill Willowbridge
Ranked #5 of 101 Restaurants in Durbanville
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated in the Willowbridge Lifestyle Centre in the northern suburbs of Cape Town, this Hussar Grill is renowned for being one of the best restaurants in Durbanville. The restaurant's interior takes its cue from the trademark Hussar Grill design - traditional grill room combined with old-school dining. It offers a light and airy outdoor seating area overlooking the green belt of the Elsiekraal River, where you can dine al fresco style in the warmer weather, as well as a comfortable and relaxed indoor dining section. The Hussar Grill Willowbridge is situated close to the Barnyard Theatre and is therefore an ideal venue for pre or post-show dinner.
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Not much to say, great steaks, informed and sincere staff. I ordered the FIllet with Bearnaise and it was great. Some of our party enjoyed the tomato soup - which we were told has been on the menu for decades. The only slight negative is the way they plate the food - as a wooden board as a plate is not the most hygienic practice in my opinion.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Service was good, and the meals were very well prepared and presented. The restaurant is a bit pricey, but the quality of the experience is well in line with what you pay.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We are regular visitors to Hussar Grill Willowbridge. Just popped in early at 6pm before the evening rush. Warm atmosphere and friendly reception from our waitress (Beauty, the Xhosa version). Saw the new section on the menu, "meat on the bone", and ordered the Hog ribs. It was very juicy and a huge meal! Great choice. My wife had two starters, calamari and chicken liver, and she was very happy. The great thing about Hussar is that you can take your best wine to compliment their great food, and still end up with a reasonable bill because they will NEVER charge corkage. A splendid business strategy!

HussarGrill, Digital CRM at The Hussar Grill Willowbridge, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Dear Pierre d,

Thank you for taking time to do a review! We hope you'll give some of our other 'Meat on the Bone' options a try next time.

Warm regards,
Hussar Grill

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I am a new member of Club24,(Media24 Group) who offer special discounts on meals at hundreds of restaurants in South Africa, including the Hussar Grill in Bellville. On arrival of our appointment (26 June 2014) I present my letter from Club24 and show the manager Natasha the sms as requested by Club24. She bluntly refuse to accept the deal, while the appointment/ booking was done by herself on request of Club24. She apparently never heard about Club24 . What really annoys me and my wife is the fact that she raise her voice and got into an argument with me in front of many other customers. She was so unprofessional that we request her to sort the problem in her office with her boss. After a while she returned, very upset and refuse again to accept the letter / voucher while her company has a agreement with Club24, as per the website of Club24. We could not stand the embarrassment any longer and decided to walk away from the situation and restaurant. a Day later she sms me just to tell met that 'Yes there is an agreement, bust because of the bad communication from Club24 she was not aware of the agreement. She still did not has the guts to apologize ! I will never recommend the Hussar Grill again to any of our friends or business contacts.

RussBCapeTown, Owner at The Hussar Grill Willowbridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Mr Tobie and Istel Le Roux.
A week has passed since your Trip Adviser complaint, and I still feel the need to respond on my behalf.
No manager will give you discount on a meal if it was not pre arranged.
On MY request- the day AFTER you visited us, I received a full list of members affiliated with the machine agents booking group. SURPRIZE!! there are 8, only one I'm familiar with. ( this was mentioned in the sms I send you- to have proof of all communication seeing that I didn't have your email address.
Upon asking the discount Group why the Hussar grill was not made aware of the other discount groups they responded as follows, " We are learning from our mistakes" A little bit too late I should say. The discount group is responsible for your embarrassment - this is evident in the compensation you received from the discount group.
Further more, I was not for one moment unprofessional or unfriendly. Regular and new clients will know this of me. Also I will never raise my voice to a guest, even if they have raised theirs.
I also invited you to stay for dinner and arrange the discount after I have spoken to the discount group the following day. You refused my hospitality.
We have since severed ties with the discount group after this fiasco.
Regards
Natasha

Reviewed July 3, 2014

You always feel welcome at Hussar Grill. There is always good and friendly service, tasty food and quite vibey.

HussarGrill, Digital CRM at The Hussar Grill Willowbridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Hi,

Thank you so much for reviewing our restaurant. We hope you'll be back soon.

Kind regards,