“Fab meat”

The Hussar Grill Willowbridge
Ranked #2 of 97 Restaurants in Durbanville
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated in the Willowbridge Lifestyle Centre in the northern suburbs of Cape Town, this Hussar Grill is renowned for being one of the best restaurants in Durbanville. The restaurant's interior takes its cue from the trademark Hussar Grill design - traditional grill room combined with old-school dining. It offers a light and airy outdoor seating area overlooking the green belt of the Elsiekraal River, where you can dine al fresco style in the warmer weather, as well as a comfortable and relaxed indoor dining section. The Hussar Grill Willowbridge is situated close to the Barnyard Theatre and is therefore an ideal venue for pre or post-show dinner.
Reviewed February 15, 2014

The Hussar Grill is a regular haunt for us. It presents excellent food, mainly red meat, well cooked and presented, with veg and chips. There is no corkage charge and the prices are very reasonable. The best and most consistent restaurant in the northern suburbs of Cape Town. Keep it up!

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Hussar grill has been a good place to eat unfortunate the last 2 meals were very expensive and a very average....normally the hog ribs are to die for...This time fatty and bland ...service always good

Reviewed December 26, 2013

It didn't start off well. The booking I had made with a gentleman (whose name I did not have with me) for a table for 3 for 6pm was never made. "we can offer you a table inside, but you need to be completed before 8pm as it is booked for someone else..." OK, not ideal, but it was a business meeting dinner so we weren't going to be chatting till all hours of the night.
No sooner were we seated than our "Service Ambassador" came to assist us. She was efficient enough, but a little too clinical for my liking. The starter was a lovely baked camembert with a cranberry sauce, and the mains 200g of fillet, which I chose to complement with a mushroom sauce. The fillet was OK, but nothing to write home about, and the mushroom sauce was also OK. There was no explanation how the meal accompaniments, such as vegetables, worked, so one of my colleagues ordered a creamed spinach when in fact the meal was also accompanied by creamed spinach. Frustrating.
My first time and probably my last time at the Hussar Grill. Sorry guys, you did not hit the mark. Yes, you were busy, but my guess is that there was an assumption on your part that we knew how your restaurant "worked". Please never ever make that assumption.

1  Thank James K
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We went to Hussars Grill for the first time in December 2013 - it was great! Good service, fantastic food, nice atmosphere!!! The tables are a bit close to each other but not too much of a problem.

The sign outside makes it look a bit cheap but once you inside its a different feel!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We have visited this restaurant occasionally in the past. Unfortunately you never know what you are going to get, quality wise.
On our last visit in November 2013, I ordered my steak to be rare, but it was served medium to well-done. The quality of the rump was also not top-class. The prices are not low, so I expected more.
This was not the first disappointing experience with Hussar Grill. There are better options available in the northern suburbs.