“Nice family restaurant”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Alexia's Greek Restaurant in the Aurora Centre, Durbanville is a lovely family restaurant that offers a very warm welcome and warm atmosphere. My husband and I went to them for a peaceful evening out, and they didn't disappoint. The manager / owner of the restaurant came over to our table to come and meet us and to ask if we were happy with everything. The food is prepared very tastefully and the portions are very generous! When I couldn't finish my meal, the chef came out himself to come and find out if we had any problems with the food as he saw some food returned. We had an awesome time and would recommend anyone to pay them a visit and experience the warm family atmosphere they have to offer. I paid around R40 for my halloumi cheese starter, R110 for my beef fillet main meal and I feel that it is really worth the money you spend since the portions are so generous.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We have been guest at this restaurant since it opened. It started of quiet, but the food was always excellent. Their Greek specials are always fantastic. Service is fast and efficient and the wine list good. You can also bring you own wine @ a small corkage fee. Nowadays one must book in advance, because it is always full. I really recommend this eatery in Durbanville!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Alexia's is tucked away in a corner of the Aurora Shopping Centre in Durbanville. It's a small restaurant with very plain decorations and furnishing.
I visited on the recommendation of the owners of the bed and breakfast I was staying in. When I arrived, it was relatively full and there was a very pleasant buzz. I was seated quickly, my order was taken promptly and my food arrived pretty quickly.
I like to try different food and tried one of their specialties - lamb kleftico. Definitely different, but very tasty.
The owner, who is also the chef, wandered around in between cooking, chatting to his customers.
All said, a very pleasant evening. Good food, good service.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Do visit Alexia's Restaurant in Durbanville - Aurora Shopping Centre. Good, honest cooking from the heart! We will certainly go back to enjoy more of George's hospitality!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

.....Franchise restaurants and underpaid waiting staff did not exist! I really did not have any expectations about Alexia's. We visited on a whim because another restaurant we went to was closed. We were greeted at the door by the Greek owner who told us that he had no tables available, paused dramatically and then said 'except this one!' Pointing to a tiny table near the door.

The service was amazing and the small venue packed with patrons. Our food arrived in 15 minutes. I ordered shwarma and my partner Giovetsi ... A lamb and pasta rice dish. Both were elegantly garnished with deep fried parsnips. both were properly tasty. The owner returned when we were done to ask how it was... His interest really genuine with all patrons.

We paid R245 for four Jamesons and the two mains.... Reasonable in todays world for a home cooked meal.

I am very impressed and will be returning. Be sure to book ahead as whenever I go past no matter what day the place is packed.

I yearned for the days gone by of owner run restaurants serving wholesome grub... Alexias is a nostalgic trip down memory lane when the economy still supported good food experiences. We will be returning soon.