“Pleasant surprise”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Marlborough, United Kingdom
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We were invited to our local Cattle Baron by neighbours in Durbanville. I'm always suspicious of chain steak restaurants having had some terrible meat smothered in goo, but the Cattle Baron was a very nice surprise. It is set in an unlikely spot in a small retail court with a small entrance on the ground floor, but the restaurant, on the first floor and over the shops, has a nice atmosphere and the parking is dead easy too in the evening.
I had a plain steak, chips and veg, my wife a steak special and we shared a calamari starter. Our friends ate from the buffet. It was all well presented and cooked and very well priced, including free corkage!
We will make it one of our regular eateries.

• Visited March 2014

Johannesburg, South Africa
“brilliant eating venue”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

the service, and welcoming attitude of the management and in particular "my" waiter, Jade.
Jade is the best waiter ever met, he knows my needs, after my second visit to CB, he knew, my wine preference, my whisky mix, and without pre-booking, he remembered my name. i have taken othet patrons there, and every single one, was astounded with his service

Visited February 2014
Durbanville, South Africa
“Hamburger Evening”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The Catlle Baron has Hamburger specials on Monday nights. All basic hamburgers are R 29- and then you add your extra's for R 5 per item. This is very good value for money. The hamburger patties (Beef or Chicken) are large and tender. The chips or salad (you can choose) are nice and then two vegetables are also served. The atmosphere is vibey and the restaurants are usually fully booked on these evenings. Service is prompt and the waiters are friendly. I am not a big hamburger fan, but this is not bad for the odd occasion. Will surely be back.

• Visited February 2014
Durbanville, Western Cape, South Africa
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Friendly waiters. Lots of dishes to choose from (vegetarian, white meat and of course...red meat). Sunday buffet is THE best anywhere! You'll have to book, though, as they're always extra busy on a Sunday (or any 'buffet day' for that matter). Quality of food is excellent - we often order take aways (ribs - yay!).

Visited January 2014
“Buffet on Sunday”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Good value, good tasting meal pity the seafood ran out early the balance was good ...3 couples all were happy with the meal only a small drawback not worth bickering was the queue at times