All reviews wine farm loved our stay hotel receptionist coffee machine amazing bathroom wooden floors cape town beautiful surroundings excellent hotel the main house stayed for one night enjoyable stay friendly and helpful staff next morning crown estate cyclists
Selected filters
Reviewed February 12, 2019

Great venue and value for money. The restaurants were fantastic especially the Crown restaurant, we had a fantastic dinner and deserts. Great cycling and running track and close to various places such as Cape Town, Stellenbosch and Simons Town.

Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed January 17, 2019

Staying in an old Farmhouse, Cape Dutch Architecture, with solid wooden floors drinking a glass of local red wine sitting in the library surrounded by solid wooden furniture, old construction drawings and pondering about the years gone by...…...

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2019

A long standing big fan of the estate I booked a very large dinner table for my family to celebrate my wife's birthday and surprised her with an overnight stay at the boutique hotel which we have stayed at before and absolutely loved.On arrival we went straight to the hotel where we were immediately greeted by the hotel receptionist (sorry, I don’t remember his name) with so much professionalism we felt like we were royalty. He informed us that we had been upgraded to the bridal sweet and took us to the room. My wife actually cried when she saw the room, it was so beautiful and so special. I then sat with the receptionist and explained the birthday surprises, how I wanted the wine to be presented with snowflake stickers etc. He took care of everything, scribbling fiercely on his notebook he, together with Werner, ensured that every detail was better than I had even requested.We then got to sit outside, soaking in the beautiful surroundings that my wife and I have always loved with a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine. I had asked for a bottle of chardonnay but was told that it wasn’t being produced anymore (for now) - not that this caused a problem at all. The hotel receptionist phoned around the estate and secured us a couple bottles of the incredible unlabelled 2014 vintage. I’ve since phoned the tasting room to ensure that have more bottles for me to take home as it is so exquisite.Last minute I wanted one of my brothers to join us overnight. Again, no problem for our rockstar receptionist who secured us another room and got it ready within no time.When we walked down for the meal, my wife was again in tears. The wines were so beautifully laid out and the snowflakes done so beautifully. Werner had even ensured that the wines were at the correct temperature to showcase the tannins. All night our huge table was treated like royalty. No one was ever imposing however there was always someone close by to handle all my last minute requests like throwing in yet another big starter platter after the others were already on the table. Again, nothing was too much trouble. The food was excellent, the wine flowed, and all of us had an incredible night.The breakfast the next morning was again sensational and again, we were made to feel like honoured guests.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank wesleyjohnd
Reviewed September 24, 2018

We only stayed for one night but enjoyed our stay, it is a lovely hotel, friendly staff, meals at the restaurant on site were great. Only downside was that the view from our room really didn't take advantage of the beautiful surroundings.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2018

whilst house hunting in the Area we needed a night to relax. Stunning location, peaceful yet not too far from the city. Grounds , decor and service top class . A complimentary wine tasting was unexpected and most welcome.

Date of stay: September 2018