“Grown up treat”
Review of Pistachio - CLOSED

Pistachio
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of Durbanville, Cape Town, Pistachio restaurant offers a charming and elegant dining experience that will leave a lasting impression. We invite you to rediscover the true meaning of comfort and style, exquisite food, and a European ambience that will make you want to return again and again. Live Music on a Saturday Evening.
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Wonderful ambience,well-prepared food and attentive service makes this a restaurant I will definitely go back to.Thank you for making date night a special occasion.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Nice atmosphere, good service and my wife's stuffed chicken breast was excellent.
Not many places here can make a good bouillabaisse, & although it wasn't bad, it lacked that fresh kick from perhaps a prawn and crayfish shell stock, some fresh herbs and a few fresh, not frozen prawns. I reckon the prawns bring it down a notch - can nobody get fresh prawns in Durbanville?
Overall a nice place - if bit quiet tonight. They should offer a few cheaper meals to keep the local coming in, because they have a super venue and a great wine selection.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

The venue is superb, lovely outside seating, indoors are beautifully decorated. For a glass of wine and maybe some cake and tea I would definitely recommend. Its a romantic venue, and I guess if you are on a date with a young love the food doesnt really matter anyway :)

First off I would like to point out the general lack of well priced good eat-out venues in the Northern Suburbs. Outside of your steak and chips or chinese take outs the pickings are slim for a good meal outside of home. High northern suburbs standards would not fly in the inner city and Pistachio is definitely amongst the most disappointing of what I have sampled in this area.
The first time we went, my partner ordered Saltambocca, which he loved. I had the cheese platter for about R100 - it was 3 pieces of cheap cheese about 10 crackers, a cumquat and an preserved fig. I could have done a better job at home. The Mojito I enjoyed was fantastic.
Second visit, I had the line fish, which was equally as pricey, my partner had the pork belly. I thought both dishes for the price were absolutely tasteless.

Third time I thought I would treat myself and a friend, I ordered prawns for R130, they came from the kitchen luke warm, over cooked and flowery. Not sure how you manage to stuff up prawns - they are so easy to cook.

I will not be returning to eat, maybe just to have a glass of bubbly under the trees. The food is completely over priced for what you get, much better food to be had at some seriously five star restaurants in Cape Town.

3  Thank Moonumber2
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Value for money is not as good as would be expected of the style restaurant.

Quite old school French dishes. But a nice selection of hardy food. A must for winter!

Our waiter Eben was prompt, efficient and very friendly. Will request him again.

Did not look at the wine list as we brought a special wine.

Will be back soon!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

The Ambiance is lovely and relaxing. The waiter that served us was not up to standard, The tall guy was friendly but it looked forced, had us seated but we felt the attitude was not going with the false smile. Waited longer than 30min to get our drinks and then they did not have this or that. Water never arrived at out table asked twice. Waited very long for our food as well and tasted bland. Then he still had the cheek to add the 10% tip, which I feel should be up to the customer to decide that. Menu limited. Portions small. Price high. Bacon(pork) in everything. The location is quiet and its really a very stunning looking set up inside but there it stops.

2  Thank J W