“EXCELLENT CONFERENCE VENUE!!”

Ranked #7 of 38 Durbanville B&B and Inns
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“EXCELLENT CONFERENCE VENUE!!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Our Company had a two day Conference for 39 delegates at this Venue, and the facilities, the arrangements as well as the quality of meals were outstanding. The Staff were eager to help. There is plenty of space and sufficient parking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RuslamereGuesthouse, Manager at Ruslamere Hotel, Spa & Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely review, much appreciated!
We would love to welcome you back at Ruslamere in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Ruslamere is beautiful property with lots of parking (a plus) and a lot of places to stay with a variety of sizes. I stayed in a studio upstairs, which was a bit difficult to get to with luggage. There is another entrance to the upstairs studios which was left open all day every day, except on Thursday, where strangely it was locked (I had no key for the door). The rooms are small and comfortable, with a nice bed and air-conditioning. There is a bar-fridge and tea and coffee facilities as well as a decent-sized TV in the room. Plenty of plug-space available (always a bonus).

So with all the good things I listed, why a rating of three? Firstly, the rooms have paper-thin walls and some strange shared plumbing system. When the person next to me on Monday morning decided to shower at 5 am, not only did I hear the water run, I also heard a strange sound from inside my bath room. The noise was so loud, I had to wait until they finished their shower before I could try to sleep again. Also, the windows face the afternoon sun and after servicing your room, the curtains are left open. This leads to an extremely hot room until the air conditioning unit does its job. Furthermore, the AC was dripping water at lower temperatures, so I had use a glass to keep the carpets from getting soaked.

Staff appears friendly and the rest of the facilities looked interesting, but for a business trip, I didn't try the spa, swimming pool etc.

Breakfast was fine. The hot portion was mediocre (on Monday), so I just had cold breakfast for the rest of the week.

Overall, perhaps a nice place for a holiday, but not for a business trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RuslamereGuesthouse, Manager at Ruslamere Hotel, Spa & Conference Centre, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback concerning the problems experienced during your stay.

We have taken your comments very seriously and will be paying close attention to the issues brought forth.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for business or leisure.
Kind Regards,
The Ruslamere Team
Tavistock, UK
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed at the Ruslamere for 6 nights in February this year (2013). I travel a lot and spend a lot of time in hotels. The main thing about the Ruslamere is the attitude of the staff who, without exception, were all outstanding in their willingness to help me in any way they could and who were all very polite. The room I had was fine although there were a couple of things that could have been done to improve it's cosmetic appearance. The room itself was comfortable and reasonably well equipped though. I didn't use the conference facilities though so cannot comment on them. The pool areas were fine, although the indoor pool was a tad cold. The bar area and the self-service honesty bar was nice and I enjoyed sitting their in the evenings. The food was ok, although the menu could benefit from a little development. Overall, I was impressed and I think it would be a fine place for a family trip and for couples. The only problem I found was that the location was a bit distant from any of the local bars or shops and sites and you would need a car to get around.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RuslamereGuesthouse, Manager at Ruslamere Hotel, Spa & Conference Centre, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Paul H,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We enjoyed having you here and hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind regards,
The Ruslamere Team
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Nice setting with pool and water features.Pity the receptionist was not very friendly and our request for missing bathroom mats and hairdryer,was only met on my second approach.Our suite was very noisy,could hear everything next door as well as upstairs.Quests upstairs having a bath at 03h30 was not very pleasant.Housekeeping needs to be seriously jacked-up!

1 Thank Wicus13
RuslamereGuesthouse, Manager at Ruslamere Hotel, Spa & Conference Centre, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Wicus,

We have taken your comments very seriously and have conducted a full internal investigation into the situation. As a result, we have taken some major corrective actions internally with the staff responsible.

Those are new rooms and we appreciate your feedback with regards to noise transfer, we will get our building team back there soonest.

Kind regards
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed February 7, 2013

the venue is stunning even the rooms but we were there for a wedding and they forgot to put the bottles of free wine on the tables the food were not enough though very tasty bad bad planning they knew how many guests were attending this wedding and they knew that the bride's father bought the wine for the tables instead they sold their wine to the wedding guests I would suggest to future bridal parties to make sure of everything

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Enna N
I am very sorry to hear about your disappointing experience at Ruslamere.
Thank you for you feedback, we did investigate and I believe there might possibly be a misunderstanding about the wines. We got very nice feedback from the bride and groom.
intergoal
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I was booked into the hotel by a company I do business with. I was not expecting very much but was very pleasantly surprised. The experience starts at the front desk and they were efficient but above all friendly and good fun, such a refreshing change. Rooms were very good, clean, comfortable and spacious. The restaurant was not high end dining but was good for a business traveller. Wifi was not fantastic but above all the friendly relaxed atmosphere made this place a pleasure to visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
RuslamereGuesthouse, Manager at Ruslamere Hotel, Spa & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for your review - your kind words are a great encouragement to us! We are so glad you had a wonderful stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Cape Town
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Our stay was pleasant apart for two nights where we had no sleep at all due to the next room who were fighting and had embarrassing sex. It would be good to make your rooms more sound proof. Thank you

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Samantha D
RuslamereGuesthouse, General Manager at Ruslamere Hotel, Spa & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you, we appreciate your feedback.

We would like to apologise for the unappropriate behaviour of one of our guests. We brought the review to the guests attention and they are no longer in house.

I know we cannot truly make amends after the event, but I do hope that you will accept my apologies for the incident and that we will see you again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durbanville
Protea Hotel Cape Town Durbanville
#1 of 38 in Durbanville
Cape Pillars Boutique Hotel
Cape Pillars Boutique Hotel
#6 of 38 in Durbanville

Been to Ruslamere Hotel, Spa & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!