“Just Drinks!”

Zeyla Mediterranean Restaurant
Ranked #63 of 116 Restaurants in Durbanville
Reviewed August 29, 2017

....Nice cozii tight Turkish eaterii..Although we only came for drink...we enjoy this little noisii place located in a nice part of Durbanville on the main road! Nice vibe!....Will one day come back to see & enjoy more!...............

Reviewed February 9, 2017

We were the only people at the restaurant when we went which was a great shame as the food was excellent. Friendly and attentive service. The mezze platter was delicious, particularly the hummus and eggplant, green bean and baby marrow dishes. We also tried one of the specials, watermelon salad, which was beautifully presented and quite tasty. Good selection of drinks and spirits too. A hidden gem in Durbanville!

1  Thank KelleH15
Reviewed February 3, 2017

What a wonderful experience with affordable prices and good service!
We enjoyed some wonderful local wines with our freshly made tapas. A great meal was then ended off with some proper baklava, probably the best I have tasted in years.
The menu has something for everyone without being ordinary.
Our service was professional, while still maintaining a homely feeling.

1  Thank 190suzanep
Reviewed January 29, 2017 via mobile

Sort of half hidden away between Standard Bank and a video store in Durbanville, this little gem begs to be discovered by those who have a penchant for the Middle East.Although self-advertised as a Mediterranean restaurant, the latter term in my mind indicates the more traditional understanding of the word.Zeyla's is to me more Middle Eastern.Be that as it may, I had a decidely different Turkish breakfast which was delicious.All the elements of the dish were explained to me and the service by the charming proprietoress was attentive but not obtrusive.It is a small and cosy restaurant and I am dying to try out some evening dishes.

Date of visit: January 2017
1  Thank Dennyboy567
Reviewed November 23, 2016

The atmosphere of the restaurant is sadly non-existent. No ambient music to let me feel I am indeed in a Turkish restaurant. The owner was away ill and had a stand-in person that claimed she is a trained chef but does not know front-of-house. She was very friendly, but truly had no idea about any of the wines and it took her and the waiter ages to look for a wine, just to return with empty hands. I finally went to the wine fridge and chose a bottle myself. Two of us shared a large mezze platter served with fresh and warm pita bread. The selection of tapas was average and the taste fine. Nothing exploded with flavour or imagination. The third person had deep-fried calamari served with a tartare sauce and a chopped side salad. It was proclaimed well prepared, if lacking in seasoning. We were the only table during lunch which did not add to the atmosphere. Across the road the competition is stiff with Colcaccio, Simply Asia and next door The Slug and lettuce plus more. If I was the the owner, I will raise my game.

Date of visit: November 2016