All reviews train station big shopping mall separate shower nice hotel no natural light sitting room central stockholm nice lobby recommend this hotel rooms are big reception staff light sleeper three nights gym sofa uppsala solna
Selected filters
Reviewed June 6, 2019

I was really disappointed with the way how the rooms are cleaned: the guest should notify the reception a day before that the room should be cleaned! I always was busy night before so forgot about this. My room was not cleaned throughout all 5 days of the stay, I had to throw the garbage out by myself! Next thing is receptionist. Whoever that was, they were not friendly, maybe that’s Nordic way but all my requests were treated like it is my problem. The most impressive case was the kettle. Guys, I had to wait for the kettle for 3 days. They say it is not included into standard room! First ever time I was told there is no kettle for me just because I booked ‘standard’ room and ‘ there is no kettle in the room description ‘ ! I did not expect the kettle in description, I just assumed it is a part of the room equipment. So after these bloody cold walks in the +15 Celsius rain I was not able to drink tea in my room!!! I was fighting with the receptionist to get the bloody thing in my room! What’s the point?! It costs just a tiny money, so much pleasure to have for the guest and we have to fight to get it! What a lovely Swedish hospitality !!!

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
HakanA2161, Manager at Scandic Hotel Star Sollentuna, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2019

Dear guest,

Thank you for recently having stayed with us at the Scandic Star Sollentuna and for your valued feedback!

I am so sorry to read that your experiences at the hotel seems to have been less than acceptable, especially when it comes to the rooms and the facilities.

Even if our guests are staying in standard rooms they have opportunity to borrow kettle during their stays.
I will look up with my colleagues at Front Desk so they do have correct information.

As a environment choice our guests can avoid stay room cleaning. This is optional, as you mentioned on your feedback our guests have to inform Front Desk before 11 pm if they desire to have their rooms cleaned.

I hope that there will be another opportunity for us to renew your experience at the Scandic Star Sollentuna should your travels bring you back to Stockholm.

Kindest regards,

Hakan Acikyol
Hotel Manager
Scandic Star Sollentuna

Reviewed June 6, 2019

On arrival we were given a room the looked toward the inside of the hotel, it was very dark, very hot in there and felt small, almost as if the walls were coming in on me. I called down to reception and requested to be moved to an outside facing room. Luckily they were able to move us. The 2nd room felt so much brighter, this was not only because it had a window with natural light but because the walls had been painted a lighter colour. I'm not sure why you would paint a room that has no natural light in dark colours.
There is no air conditioning in the individual rooms, the temperature is controlled for the whole building. I didn't like that.
The 2nd room was only made up for one person and there were 2 of us, reception were quick to ensure we had the extra pillows etc once notified.
There was a good selection of food for breakfast.
The hotel is a 2 min walk from the commuter train station and it costs 45sek for a single ticket into the centre. I downloaded the SL app as it's easy to purchase tickets quickly and to check the train times.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HakanA2161, Manager at Scandic Hotel Star Sollentuna, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the valuable feedback about your stay with us.

I am so glad to hear that my colleagues assist you with another room option which suited your preferences better and you enjoyed our breakfast at the hotel.

Most welcome back to us!

Kindest regards,

Hakan Acikyol
Hotel Manager
Scandic Star Sollentuna

Reviewed May 10, 2019

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
HakanA2161, Manager at Scandic Hotel Star Sollentuna, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2019

Reviewed April 14, 2019

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
HakanA2161, Manager at Scandic Hotel Star Sollentuna, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2019

Reviewed March 26, 2019

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
HakanA2161, Manager at Scandic Hotel Star Sollentuna, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2019